We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
If you’re a strategic thinker, planner and multitasker as comfortable working independently as you are on a team in delivering compliant deliverables based on solid judgment, PPD is the place to be. Our global regulatory experts contribute the regulatory strategy and knowledge to help our clients navigate the challenging regulatory environment — and help get life-changing therapies to patients faster.
As a Senior/Principal Regulatory Affairs Specialist, you will provide innovative regulatory solutions to our clients.
Serves as a senior contact in providing innovative solutions including regulatory expertise, interacting with clients to provide strategic regulatory intelligence, and guidance supporting product development from preclinical through registration and product optimization. Provides strategic, expedient and efficient preparation of client deliverables that meet current local, regional and ICH regulatory and technical requirements. Acts as liaison with internal and external clients in the provision and marketing of these services.
- Prepares and reviews regulatory submissions.
- Provides regulatory strategy and/or technical advice to internal and external clients, and acts as a liaison in executing strategies.
- Leads the development and implementation of project-specific processes for sponsors.
- Collaborates extensively with other departments, regulatory consultants, and regulatory authorities.
- Assists in identifying and recognizing out of scope activities in a contract in a timely manner and liaises with other departments to follow through on all aspects of contract modifications.
- Provides training and guidance to junior team members as appropriate. Participates in project launch meetings, review meetings and project team meetings.
- Supports business development activities, including project budgeting/forecasting.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to
In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong English language (written and oral) communication skills as well as local language where applicable
- Solid attention to detail and quality as well as strong editorial/proofreading skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment and act as a liaison with other departments
- Solid computer skills including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point; capable of learning new technologies
- Solid organizational, time management, and planning skills to create and follow timelines, conduct long-range planning, adapt to changing priorities and handle multiple projects
- Solid negotiation skills
- Capable of working independently and exercising independent judgment to assess sponsor regulatory needs and work with project team members to producing compliant deliverables
- Solid understanding of global/regional/national country requirements/regulatory affairs procedures for clinical trial authorization, licensing, lifecycle management; good knowledge of ICH and other global regulatory guidelines; basic understanding of a regulatory speciality areas, such as preclinical, clinical, CMC, publishing, etc.
- Solid understanding of medical terminology, statistical concepts, and guidelines
- Strong analytical, investigative and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of budgeting and forecasting
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are game changers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.