Division / Dept.: Information Technology
Location: Richmond, VA (Office Based)
Note: Full time, Benefits, Relocation Assistance Available
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are
passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health!
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry. Our scientists work together to accelerate pharmaceutical development for small molecules, biologics, and vaccines -allowing our clients to make faster decisions about their compounds.
At PPD, we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk - our award winning training programs speak for themselves.
- Coordinates and monitors multiple complex IT projects from initiation through delivery. Serves as the liaison between IT and the business line customer to ensure that all targets and deliverables are met. Develops project plans and cost estimates. Manages cross-project interdependencies in order to avoid potential impacts and identify optimizations in regards to scope, schedule, budget, and resource utilization.
To learn how PPD can advance your career, apply now!
PPD Richmond Labs Overview:
LinkedIn Video Landing Page:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 8 years, including experience managing projects through all aspects of a project life cycle and experience in Six Sigma, ITIL, or other QMS frameworks). Project management certification
- In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Manages allocated projects according to timelines, budget and quality standards. Manages activities of multiple cross-functional systems/application teams and collaborates with technology and business unit staff to ensure project dependencies are identified and communicated.
- Produces and reviews project plans; assesses Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), resource loading, dependencies, and milestones.
- Develops and manages project budgets. Evaluates percentage complete, tracks actuals to budget and mitigates overspend, tunes resource model to adhere to budget guidelines.
- Ensures risks/issues are surfaced and mitigated, escalating thorough information as appropriate, and provides tracking to budget and timeline.
- Manages cross-project interdependencies in order to avoid potential impacts and identify optimizations in regards to scope, schedule, budget, and resource utilization.
- Mentors less experienced peers to identify and evaluate fundamental issues on the project.
- Reviews data on challenging issues, makes good business decisions, and ensures solutions are implemented.
- Ability to effectively use automated systems and computerized applications such as Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
- Ensures all project deliverables meet the customer's time, quality, and cost expectations
PPD Benefits Overview:
PPD offers comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, employee assistance program, wellness program options and more.
Other benefits include:
- 401k with matching contributions, life insurance, long term and short term disability insurance, flexible medical and dependent care spending accounts.
- Work life balance programs including paid time off for vacation/sick time, paid holidays, floating holiday and vacation sell back program.
- Wellness benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness facility access or discount, health coaching and more.
- Education reimbursement and tuition assistance programs, professional development training, skills training, education loan repayment plan, dependent scholarship program and more.
- Employee appreciation events, service recognition awards, annual reviews, merit plans and bonus plans
- Community connections and activities including philanthropic engagement, volunteer service projects and more
- Other great options including pet insurance, legal and financial services plan, auto and home insurance discounts.
Below Is Listed The Working Environment/requirements For This
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive.
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities