SIA STM Director/AD (Oversight) – EMEA (remote based)
PPD’s mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it’s you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and energetic teams.
Our goal-driven teams combine and deliver startup activities for the clinical trials, collaborating to improve processes, cycle and flexibility. We partner with our sites, businesses and colleagues around the world to decrease startup timelines and exceed expectations.
Our SIA Team Management group is expanding rapidly and we have an open vacancy for and Oversight Director / AD to join us in EMEA.
- Ensures the timely and customer-focused execution of site activation with a focus on quality deliverables
- Supports, develops and drives the specific and overall site activation strategies to ensure optimum performance and achievement of project plans and targets
- Facilitates site intelligence and activation planning/kick-off meetings to identify potential risks and works with internal steak holders on contingency plans, escalating appropriately as required
- Identification of “out of scope” activity and supporting follow through on all aspects of contract modification Communicates with sponsor(s) regularly to obtain direction and feedback on implementing scope of work as well as performance to date
- Identifies unusual or significant problems during the course of a clinical trial and proposes strategies for preventing or correcting
- Assists in business development activities by reviewing sections of proposals related to site start-up, making presentations to potential clients and attending meetings/conferences
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships with customers.
- Ensures individual project targets are met, client satisfaction, services are provided with the highest quality standards and policies and procedures are followed
- Contributes to change initiatives
Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 10 years).
- Proven leadership skills
- Strategic thinking, planning and organization skills
- Ability to analyze data, anticipate and mitigate risk, exercise sound judgment, problem solving and decision-making working under pressure and at times with limited desired information
- Ability to use personal influence and persuasion to effectively promote ideas and proposals to shape stakeholder opinions
- Demonstrates the ability to develop and cultivate strong internal/external networks of contacts and resources to help ensure operational execution
- Acts as an ambassador for change, influences and motivates, demonstrates solid interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective negotiation and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates credible leadership style, with concise, well organized oral and written communication skills and proven ability to mobilize and foster team productivity
- Ability to motivate managers and supervisors to define and reach team objectives
- Expertise in budgeting and resource management
- Maintains a solid understanding of FDA, GCP, and ICH guidelines with a track record of successful operational delivery
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.