Senior Biostatistician I/II - Full home based - UK/Europe - £/€7,000 Joining bonus
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Our Biostatistics department are passionate about being data and technically agile, and driving enhanced value for our clients and patients. Determined to improve patient health, we help PPD provide industry-leading statistical, programming and clinical pharmacology contributions through global delivery, consistent quality adherence and scientific insight.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Sr Biostatistician I/II to join our Biostatistics department in EMEA, working fully remotely or at one of our offices in the UK – Cambridge, Winchester or Glasgow.
As a Sr Bios, you will function independently as Lead Statistician on projects and as support/project statistician on others, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Develop statistical analysis plans, including analysis database and tables & listing specifications
- Provide randomization schemes and appropriate documentation
- Provide sample size calculations and review protocols for completeness, appropriateness of clinical design and sound statistical analysis
- Coordinate and collaborate with Programmers and Data Management personnel as to database maintenance, updating and documentation.
- Lead the project team, conduct team meetings, maintain project timelines, assess resources needed and allocate resources as required.
- Provide mentorship to junior team members
To be considered for the role you should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Master's Degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- 5 years of experience working in Biostatistics (previous CRO experience is desirable)
- Solid SAS programming experience (proficient in BASE, STAT, MACRO and GRAPH)
- Strong understanding of statistical principles and excellent statistical skills
- Good project management experience, demonstrated through previous experience managing multiple projects
- Capable of providing mentorship and promoting teamwork in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Fluency in English is essential
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.