PPD’s Project Management department is a global team organized by therapeutic area. We partner directly with our clients to deliver projects from study start-up through close-out activities. In Project Management, you will oversee the delivery of PPD groups collaborating to support our clients. In short, you are a crucial piece in earning the trust of our clients.
As a Senior Project Manager, you are responsible for the overall management and successful delivery of the clinical study from start-up through close-out activities. You often work globally, with multi-functional leads to anticipate problems, find solutions and deliver results. You lead the collaboration that shows our clients we are one team focused on our purpose, mission, and strategy.
- Works to ensure that all project deliverables meet the customer's time/quality/cost expectations
- SPMs may work with Directors and/or Associate Directors, Project management and Contracts & Proposals Development on the development of new proposals and general capabilities presentations to Customers for new business.
- The SPM, with support from the Project Management Directors and/or Associate Directors, working in collaboration with other functional area leads, is accountable for ensuring that all project deliverables meet the customer/contract expectations, providing accurate hour forecasts, reviewing pass through costs and ensuring timely invoicing.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk - our award winning training programs speak for themselves.
To learn how PPD can advance your career, apply now!
What To Expect Next
We look forward to receiving your application. A member of our talent acquisition team will review your qualifications and if interested, you will be contacted for an interview.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or licensed certified health care training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Has an in-depth understanding and extensive experience working within clinical development (equivalent to five years). This could include specific experience in a particular functional area
- Can demonstrate experience successfully managing and/or leading large groups or teams
- Experience using project management software
- Solid understanding of how to craft and manage a project budget
- Must possess a valid passport, as appropriate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possesses a high level of the following skills and attributes:
- Knowledge of the key principles of cross functional project management (Time, Quality, Cost)
- Solid financial acumen
- Applies a range of negotiation techniques to achieve desired outcomes with evidence of commercial and organizational acumen
- Displays effective communication skills (listening, oral, written) and can communicate in English language (oral, written)
- Sound interpersonal skills, is flexible and adapts to changing situations
- Has the ability to persuade, convince, and influence or impress others
- Is organized, proficient at multi-tasking with good attention to detail
- Able to lead, motivate and coordinate teams. Coach/mentor team members as appropriate
- Able to delegate, effectively prioritizes own and workload of project team members
- Ability to effectively use automated systems and computerized applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, etc
- Possesses cross cultural awareness and is able to adapt appropriately
- Has an in-depth understanding and appreciation of clinical research/development, including medical and therapeutic areas, phases and medical terminology
- Has experience with leading, liaising and coordinating cross-functional project teams
- Has an in-depth knowledge/understanding of clinical development guidelines and Directives
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities
- May require travel (Recruiter will provide more details)