PPD is proud to employ over 20,000 employees worldwide, across 47 countries and 89 offices. In just over 30 years, PPD has grown to become a leading U.S. based CRO and recently has won accolades for industry leading CRA team, employee training & development, excellence in service and numerous awards for Best CRO. Our sustained year on year growth means that we are always looking for exceptional clinical talent to join our company.
Since opening in 2007, PPD’s offices in China now include 20 different departments. The combined Beijing and Shanghai offices are now seven times the size they were two years ago and are continuing to grow. PPD China is able to offer our staff opportunities to collaborate on projects not only in Asia Pacific, but in regions around the world. You’ll have the opportunity to work on multinational trials—with top-tier sponsors, and on an industry-leading platform.
This is a great time to join PPD China. Currently PPD is recruiting for Sr Study Start-Up- line manager to join our Site Intelligence & Activation (SIA) department. Our goal-driven teams combine and deliver study start-up activities for clinical trials in China, collaborating to improve processes, cycle and flexibility. We partner with our sites, businesses and colleagues around the world to decrease start-up timelines and exceed expectations.
Essential Functions and Other Job Information:
- Manages staff, which may include interviewing and selection, job description preparation, professional development, goal setting, performance management, behavioral and technical coaching and mentoring, employee counseling, and separations. Approves courses of action on salary administration, hiring, corrective action, and terminations. Reviews and approves time records, expense reports, requests for leave, and overtime. Promotes all aspects of PPD Equal Employment Opportunity policy and Affirmative Action Plan. Assures department adherence to good ethical and regulatory standards.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in providing guidance to internal customers to develop site activation strategies and enhance internal/external customer satisfaction. Actively drives site start-up activities, including site ID/selection, essential document collection and MoH / EC Submissions, site contracts and budget negotiations, and coordination of project-specific requirements for site activations.
- Manages the contractual aspects of studies in collaboration with project teams.
- Contributes to operational delivery through review of patient cards, IP labels, ICF QC, among other documents. Monitors the progress of studies against the contracted FSA/LSA and projected activation plan.
- Develops or contributes to local WPDs and leads/participates in process improvement/training initiatives.
- Monitors quality issues and facilitates client and internal quality assurance audits as required.
- Collaborates on strategic activities (e.g., conduct feasibility studies, support contacts with investigators for strategic partnerships etc.), provides input into the bidding process and contributes to the procurement of new business.
- Ensures effective allocation of staff to projects. Ensures all staff CVs, training records, position profiles and experience profiles are complete and up to date.
- Drafts, reviews, negotiates and finalizes templates, process and negotiation parameters with clients in accordance with contractual considerations and processes.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or above
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 8 years).
- 2 years of management responsibility
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Substantial leadership, mentoring, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Capable of managing a cross-functional team of professionals who may have expertise in a different areas of clinical research
- Capable of evaluating medical research data and good understanding of medical terminology
- Advanced organizational and negotiation skills
- Effective attention to detail
- Advanced written and oral communication skills, including English language and grammar
- Advanced computer skills, particularly word processing and spreadsheets (MS Word and MS Excel)
- Excellent team player with team building skills
- Capable of utilizing problem-solving techniques applicable to constantly changing environment
- Effective understanding of budgeting, forecasting, and resource management
Our offer: As a compensation, you will be provided with a competitive remuneration, corporate trainings and the opportunity to become a part of a fast growing, multinational company. At PPD, we encourage our employees to demonstrate creativity, innovation and fresh insights as well as a solution-focused approach. We also value teamwork, camaraderie and enthusiasm. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Office based Beijing
- Office based Shanghai