We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
About the department:
Our Site and Patient Services division includes our Feasibility services, our site collaborations group, our Country Services teams, Contracts and Budgets and Site Intelligence and Activation (SIA). The SIA department drives the operational and financial delivery activities ultimately yielding site activation for trials.
Our goal-driven teams combine and deliver startup activities for the clinical trials, collaborating to improve processes, cycle and flexibility. We partner with our sites, businesses and colleagues around the world to decrease startup timelines and exceed expectations.
About the position:
The Site Intelligence and Activation Team Manager (STM) completes site activation deliverables within the assigned projects or programs and ensures all project deliverables meet customer expectations, as well as, contracted deliverables by providing accurate projections, report updates, and ongoing risk assessments. This position is offered at 3 levels, depending on experience of the candidate selected.
About our Culture, Career Advancement and Benefits:
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and well-being of our employees.
Collaborates with multiple SIA team members in a matrix environment for the effective delivery of site activation within the assigned projects.
May oversee site activation for assigned projects according to timelines and quality standard.
Assists with coordination of the flow of information between PPD teams, clients, or functional departments involved in site activation.
Develops recommended plans/guidelines for project implementation using PPD tools
Monitors and analyzes project status to ensure successful progress and completion of all assigned projects and provide metrics to upper management.
Performs risk identification and provides contingency planning.
Collaborates with PPD teams to manage all financial and contractual aspects of the studies related to site activation.
Works within the SIA team to establish appropriate controls to ensure that project resources and expenses are aligned with budgets with accountability to Global Project Management.
Administers the technical and operational aspects of the site activation portion of the assigned projects, including coordination of feasibility, site contracts, and country teams in a matrix environment and manages the assigned scope of work against timelines, costs, and quality.
Participates with functional area leads to identify and evaluate fundamental issues pertaining to successful site activation, interpret data on complex issues, make good business decisions and ensure solutions are implemented.
Develops customer relationships in alignment with assigned projects.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience in clinical research (preferably site start up area) that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5 years’).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to work well and efficiently with cross-functional teams
- Consistently demonstrates knowledge of the key principles of cross functional project management
- Demonstrated organizational and multitasking skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to identify and remedy risks related to contractual deliverables and provides appropriate solutions
- Demonstrates sound understanding of cross cultural awareness and is able to adapt appropriately
- Comprehensive understanding and appreciation of clinical research/ development, including medical and therapeutic areas, phases and medical terminology
- Demonstrates ability to lead, liaise and coordinate cross-functional project teams
- Comprehensive knowledge/understanding of clinical development guidelines and directives
PPD values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- This role may require independent travel (0-20%), inclusive of traveling in automobiles, airplanes, and trains.
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are game changers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.