Working along with supervision, this position will provide management of the design timelines and significant issues with system design for all systems assigned. The position coordinates the efforts of IRT Developers and support staff, and may serve as the primary liaison with clinical project management team and clients. This position serves to gather user requirements and design the technical specifications for IRT systems and reports, as well as helping to define interaction of IRT data with other databases at PPD or vendors. This position also manages IRT project timelines and budgets as assigned.
- Act as the primary liaison between the client and IRT Design ensuring timely delivery of all required IRT services.
- Gather requirements for system design and reports.
- Develop system tests, data loading documentation and report validation documentation.
- Develop training materials and system support guidelines and train users and support staff as needed.
- Manage project budgets and timelines as they apply to IRT to ensure services are provided in a timely manner and IRT stays within the study budget.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5 years).
- In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good understanding of system development life cycle and requirements methodology and best practices
- Comprehensive understanding of data manipulation and presentation tools (e.g., SQL, report writing packages, and Microsoft Access)
- In-depth computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of writing design specifications for systems
- Good project management skills to efficiently bring projects to completion, including good planning and organizational skills
- Strong business skills including documentation, presentation, interpersonal, and communication
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Capable of adapting to changing priorities and working as a member of a multi-disciplinary, cross-functional team
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage design projects, assigned budgets and timelines