A career within our Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. We are looking for a Corporate Tax Manager for the Belfast office as part of our successful and growing Corporate tax advisory team. We work with a diverse range of well-known clients at local, national and global levels, and have a dynamic and inspiring working environment.
What’s exciting about this role?
Given the vast majority of our compliance work is handled by dedicated compliance teams across the UK, your role will offer you exposure to a high standard of tax consultancy work with a diverse client base.
You’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience. You’ll help our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. What can you expect to do in this role?
● As a manager with strong UK corporate tax technical skills, you’re used to handling a diverse portfolio of clients. Most meaningfully, you’re passionate about providing excellent client service.
● The work can be wide-ranging including providing excellent quality corporate tax advisory services to local and international corporate clients, and advising privately owned and multinational groups on UK tax developments.
● The role will also include supporting local and regional business development activity to generate new business, and winning work.
● You’ll also be responsible for taking a lead role in the support and development of the junior members of our growing team.
● You’ll get the opportunity to work directly to partners and directors, and with technical specialists in specialist areas of tax and in different territories.
● In short, you’re an all-round business adviser who enjoys working closely with clients to provide them with dedicated innovative and commercial tax services.
Who we’re looking for?
We’re excited to receive your application and believe you can be a strong contender if you;
● possess a UK professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/ATT/CTA/legal qualification) or overseas equivalent,
● have significant UK corporate tax advisory experience,
● preferably have some experience of managing international clients (not essential),
● have excellent project management and team working skills,
● have experience in being out in the market in direct contact with clients and contacts, and are able to develop and maintain strong relationships with them,
● are self-motivated and have an appetite to support business development efforts to secure new opportunities for the firm,
● are a self-starter who’s passionate about leading, supporting and developing more junior members of staff,
● have strong analytical skills and the ability to solve complex problems in a collaborative and creative way.
You’ll have a focus on self-development and in the development of others in your teams.
What else is important to know?
We understand that applicants may not feel comfortable in applying for a role unless they fully meet the requirements as advertised. We want to encourage people to apply who may not fully meet the requirements but still have relevant skills and experience to fulfill the role.
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
Not the role for you?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity