US Job Description
Reed Smith is a global relationship law firm with more than 1,700 lawyers in 29 offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Founded in 1877, the firm represents leading international businesses, from Fortune 100 corporations to mid-market and emerging enterprises. Its lawyers provide litigation and other dispute resolution services in multi-jurisdictional and other high-stakes matters; deliver regulatory counsel; and execute the full range of strategic domestic and cross-border transactions. Reed Smith is a preeminent advisor to industries including financial services, life sciences, health care, advertising, entertainment and media, shipping and transport, energy and natural resources, real estate, manufacturing, technology, and education. For more information, visit reedsmith.com.
Provide general and second level application and hardware support to end users. This includes deskside, and walkaround support, as well as informal and one-on-one training. Must be willing to travel to Austin office on bi-monthly basis.
- Provide deskside support on various applications, including MS Office Suite, Windows, iManage Worksite, Elite 3E, Internet, Intranet, voicemail/Unified Messaging, email, and proprietary applications.
- Provide deskside support on various hardware, including desktops, laptops, monitors, printers, telephones, SmartPhone devices, dictation devices, and other peripherals. This includes preparation and installation of laptops and desktops and working with vendors to maintain/fix equipment.
- Installation of pre-approved software and hardware.
- Provide second level support on issues escalated from the IT Help Desk.
- Escalate problems to the appropriate Analyst, Programmer, Supervisor, or Manager when necessary. Assist with information gathering, communication, or as requested in the resolution of escalated problems.
- Maintain required recordkeeping, including logging issues into the call tracking database, reporting accurate time, keeping an updated activity log, maintaining equipment database and inventory and anything else as directed.
- Report unusual, alarming, or recurring problems to the appropriate Analyst, Programmer, Supervisor, or Manager when necessary.
- Maintain working knowledge of all Firm deployed applications.
- Maintain distribution pool of loaner laptops and other equipment.
- Assist in system related maintenance as requested, and provide assistance in testing new or upgraded applications.
- Set up videoconferences and presentations for the local office.
- Provide on-call after hours support on a rotating basis.
- Occasionally travel to other offices as needed for special projects, coordinating IT services for newly acquired or opened offices, or providing coverage when another office is short staffed.
- Special projects as requested by the Manager of Operations or the Director of Operations (IT).
- Remain current on marketplace trends and Reed Smith application developments in order to provide on-time service to users.
- May volunteer or be selected to serve on special committees, work groups, project teams, or escalation teams related to various firmwide IT initiatives. Initiatives may be specific one-time events (e.g., research, testing, rollouts, upgrades, installations) or ongoing activities.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience. Additional training/certification in relevant area of study strongly preferred.
Experience: Two years experience providing support to MS Office users required. Experience in a law firm or other service environment a plus.
Skills: Strong PC, Windows, and applications knowledge. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively with all organizational levels. Able to work on multiple projects/priorities in a deadline-driven environment. Must be able to remain calm in pressure situations and adapt quickly to change. Demonstrated ability to maintain a customer-service focus and attitude at all times. Able and willing to travel occasionally via car, train, and airplane. Excellent telephone etiquette and command of the English language. Capable of working individually and as part of a team, and ability to take the lead on projects and problems when requested or as appropriate.