The role exists in part because of our need to proactively plan to mitigate risks associated with a disruption of operations. A disruption of operations poses a significant risk to our patients, brands and reputation. The position will manage various projects including creating analytics and performance metrics, managing the BCM database, handling the BCM tool, and creating and maintaining the BCM dashboard. The project manager will analyze interdependencies and work to match tenant functions with landlord capabilities.
The project manager will help support and implement Roche’s Global Business Continuity Management Program within Genentech. This includes performing business impact assessments (BIA), and assisting in business continuity “Understanding the Organization” sessions to gather information regarding functional critical activities. In addition, the position will create and manage an automated client communication strategy regarding project status and initiate a customer feedback platform to ensure the program meets the needs of stakeholders.
Responsibilities also include liaising with internal businesses throughout the organization to lend business continuity subject matter expertise and support. The position will also develop strategies, tactics and plans with the Principal Business Continuity Manager, in order to create and maintain viable business continuity solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 5-10 years experience in business continuity, emergency management, data mining, disaster recovery, or similar project management focused role
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to translate mathematical information into concise reports
- Prior experience in creating and maintaining business continuity plans required
- Disaster Recovery Institute (DRI) Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) certification preferred
- Experience in BCM practices and protocols, including in-depth knowledge of domestic and international BCM standards (NFPA 1600, BCI and ISO) preferred
- Familiarity with emergency and crisis management practices
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills as well as experience in making presentations to large groups
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Safety Health and Environment & Facility Services, Safety Health and Environment & Facility Services > Security