Diagnostics Information Solutions (“DIS”) DIS Finance Manager, US Revised 30th January 2020 Roche Diagnostics has created a new start-up business charged with building a modern software stack that will improve the processes and clinical decision support in healthcare. Our challenge is to bring together complex diagnostic and treatment data from medical devices and IT systems within healthcare institutions and hospitals, and intelligently process and present this data to doctors and healthcare providers to improve patient care.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic individual to take on a challenging role as a key member of the DIS Finance team.
- The DIS Finance team members are located in Santa Clara, CA and Basel, Switzerland.
- The Finance Manager (“FM”), located in Santa Clara, CA, supports the US-based DIS teams and the commercial expansion of the DIS business, in close interaction with Finance colleagues both in the U.S. and Switzerland.
Key responsibilities include:
- Business partner to the US-based R&D, Customer Success, Digital Health Solutions, and administration teams
- Supports the program lead (VP) of the collaboration with GE Healthcare (management team) with financial planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis to ensure compliance with the collaboration agreement
- Proactively develop business cases to improve productivity by using productivityenhancement tools such as Tableau and Alteryx as well as leveraging Roche internal SME’s and know-how.
- Partner with department managers and project leaders to develop and manage their budgets (in collaboration with Finance colleagues); provide input to help allocate expenditures efficiently
- Perform month-end close including expense accruals and re-classes, month-end reporting and variance analysis, and reviewing results with department managers and product leaders
- Ensure proper documentation of the month-end close activities to meet audit expectations in accordance with Roche internal control procedures.
- Participate in deal reviews with commercial teams to ensure pricing and commercial agreements allow us to reach the objective to build a sustainably profitable business Monitor supply chain activities
- Prepare financial information (actuals and budget)
- Perform month-end close including expense accruals and re-classes, month-end reporting and variance analysis, and reviewing results with department managers Support planning events (Business Plan, T0, MO)
- Work on ad-hoc projects and develop business cases to support decision making This is a high-visibility, senior individual contributor role and a great opportunity to expand one’s career.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is required; MBA, CPA or CMA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in financial analysis and accounting roles
- Strong understanding of GAAP or IFRS
- Able to accomplish big amounts of work: focuses and prioritizes (80/20 rule) – is able to distinguish work that requires 100% quality from work where less (eg, 80%) is sufficient; learns fast.
- Consistently strong performance, with proven success in leading self and leading and influencing others in a dynamic, highly-matrixed environment
- Good business acumen and judgment and familiarity with the tools required to support decision making (business case, valuation, scenario analysis)
- Able to proactively work with others to identify issues, drive consensus, and bring about resolution
- Can easily adapt to change and is able to remain flexible and solution-oriented
- Strong communication both verbally and in writing
- Strong in MS Excel and Power Point
- Strong data analysis capability using Alteryx and/or Tableau a plus
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Finance, Finance > Controlling & Business Partnering