Payroll Officer (Part time Contract)
Roche Diabetes Care Australia Pty Limited
Who we are:
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Doing now what patients need next. A pioneer in the development of blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery systems, Roche Diabetes Care is committed to helping people with diabetes everywhere in the world think less about their daily diabetes routine so they can get true relief, day and night.
Roche Diabetes Care collaborates with caregivers, healthcare providers and payers to optimally manage this complex condition and contribute to sustainable care structures. Under the brand ACCU-CHEK® and in collaboration with partners, Roche Diabetes Care creates value by providing integrated solutions to monitor glucose levels, deliver insulin and track as well as contextualise relevant data points for a successful therapy. By establishing a leading open ecosystem, connecting devices, digital solutions, Roche Diabetes Care will enable optimal personalised diabetes management and thus improve therapy outcomes.
Reporting to the HR Manager, this is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Payroll Officer to join our team. This is a 12 month contract opportunity (with the possibility of a permanent placement at the end of the 12 months), working 14 hours per week.
You will have experience completing the full function payroll, excellent communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to work well within a team. You will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- End-to-end processing of monthly payroll (approximately 50 employees)
- New hire set ups and terminations
- Preparation of PAYG, payroll tax, workers compensation and superannuation reconciliation and payment
- Preparation of month end reports including headcount, general ledger
- Reconciliations of year end payroll functions, including Payment Summaries and Employee Share Scheme
- Preparation and review of the salaries and wages budget
- Interpretation of Awards, employment contracts and all other relevant legislation
- Professional and timely communication with internal and external parties
- Continuous review and analysis of payroll practices and processes
- Assisting with general HR administrative duties as required
Who you are:
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
To be successful in this position you must have a ‘can do attitude’ and be able to work autonomously. Additionally will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Minimum three (3) years of end-to-end payroll experience
- MicrOpay Meridian experience is essential
- Intermediate/advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Exposure to the processes of a Global organisation
- Previous experience with reconciliations and journals
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting is an advantage
- Experience with Workday would be advantageous
- Self motivated with high attention to detail
- Good organisational skills with ability to prioritise work tasks
In return we can offer you a supportive and friendly work environment, on-site parking and easy to access Hills location. The 14 working hours per week can be spread over 2 or 3 days per week to suit your circumstances and you can choose the days you work. We also offer flexible working conditions.
You MUST be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia there as there is no sponsorship or relocation assistance offered for this position.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Human Resources, Human Resources > HR Operations & Services