Job Description Summary:
Develops and delivers detailed technology solutions through consulting project activities. Technical responsibilities include problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and solution deployment. Project management activities include interaction within company and client managers and cost/schedule monitoring. May have some financial responsibilities including project cost estimating, proposal generation, and invoicing. Identifies additional product/services opportunities in customer organization. Performance is typically measured by the capture of the consulting engagement and/or delivery of agreed solutions within budgeted hours.
Under general direction, implement application software within project timelines, Roche
quality and documentation standards.
Provide leadership and experience in:
- Create and design solutions, procedures and business processes that meet business, customer and technological requirements;
- Evaluate alternative informatics technologies where required and research industry best practices and emerging trends.
- Create and design solutions and procedures, optimize business processes at a global level in the area of expertise.
- Develop and manage the respective business critical know-how within the said area of expertise.
- Translates Highly complex and ambiguous business requirements into detailed requirements into solutions and procedures meeting current business, customer and technical requirements.
- Develop and maintain working method documentation and best practice examples to support business stakeholders in development processes.
Know How To:
- Ensures alignment to defined technology roadmap Know-how.
- Apply technical knowledge to decompose high-level concepts into details, technical design and system architecture.
- Develops and manages business/technical critical know-how within area of expertise.
- Independently manage the entire technical or business process area of responsibility within the sphere of the dedicated Business Application(s).
- Application Development, Configuration and Design. Ensuring the system development and regulation regarding functionality, IT-infrastructure, rentability and documented parameters.
- IT quality & security: Development of documentation relevant to quality as well as system documentation.
- Consulting: Ensuring a professional client consultation for optimizing existing processes as well as the conceptualization of IT-solutions within the framework of introduction or further development of IT-systems within the national or international project environment.
- New technologies: Evaluation of new technologies regarding their functionality and cost/benefit.
Required Experience and Skill:
- 5-10 years of professional IT experience in a major, global organization.
- Broad and strong experience in area of expertise.
- Strong and in-depth experience in quality management systems(QMS) or Enterprise Resource Planning(ERP) Systems or solution architecture.
- Project Management experience: Successfully deliver projects in the IT portfolio through efficient use of resources, identification and mitigation of risks.
- Demonstrates successful problem solving and coordination of project related activities.
- Experience in working in a regulated environment and with Computer System Validation. Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is assessed as a plus.
- Knowledge of MS Project/Smart sheet, Trello is plus.
- Experience with ITIL desirable.
- Excellent Written and oral communication skills required.
- Minimum Requirement: BS in Computer Science, engineering or equivalent degree and/or experience.
- Preferred: Postgraduate qualifications at a Masters level.
- Expert knowledge in area of expertise and preferably a broad IT experience.
- Project Management (PMI preferred).
- Advanced English reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
- Flexibility to travel for up to 20% of time including outside of home country.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal working hours.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Information Technology, Information Technology > IT Business Process Management, Consulting and Support