Years of relevant working experience
Minumum 5 years’ experience in application development
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related study (or equivalent project-related experience)
- Strong background in programming languages – Java, J2EE.
- Familiar with software tools like ServiceNow, Eclipse & JIRA.
- Ability to cooperate and communicate with people at different organization levels and within multi-disciplinary teams.
- IT Service Management such as ITIL basic will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge on Project Management (e.g.PMI, Prince2) and Agile methodologies (like Scrum, Kanban, Lean) will have added advantage
- Responsible for providing technical expertise to support execution of projects and operation.
- Implement systems and monitor performance against defined standards, maintain and develop knowledge within the technical domain.
- Apply knowledge of systems and tools and problem solving skills to the support of those processes and solutions to several levels of depth.
- Develops and supports applications and systems troubleshooting on technical issues, provides detailed analysis and solution/work around.
- Applies defined procedure and standard to meet business, customer and technical requirements.
- Be aware of information architecture and enterprise architecture.
- Maintain and support the core business and informatics processes and solutions with the Search knowledge domain and ensure smooth interface with other areas.
- Provides Subject Matter Expertise input into detailed solution design in participated projects.
- Support the test design, functional testing, and user acceptance testing.
- Support roll-out activities and Data Migration.
- Experience with search engines (e.g. solr, lucene, etc)
- Work closely with L3 (Offshore Delivery Center) to ensure proper warm handshake daily and supporting each other.
- Good communication skills, outgoing and passionate strong problem solving and analytical skills. Customer-focus mindset, ability to learn new processes and new concepts, to link business processes with technical capabilities.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimum five years’ experience in software development and maintenance as a JAVA programmer.
- Required technologies/knowledge of: JAVA, REST, Struts 2/ Spring MVC, Spring, Hibernate/JPA, SQL, Maven2
- Knowledge and ability to apply design patterns
- Software tools: Eclipse, SVN, JIRA
- The ability to learn fast and efficient use of Java libraries for commercial products.
- Experience in the supervising/supporting other developers.
- Experience in the use of Agile methodology
- Excellent command of English with outstanding communication skills, Mandarin is nice to have.
- Experience in Pharmaceutical industry will be an added advantage.
Normal hours with flexibility to participate in virtual meetings outside of normal hours, participate in 24x7 on-call rotation, and respond to escalations in the event of major incidents.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Information Technology, Information Technology > Application Development / Programming