At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
In Roche pRED’s Neurosciences, Rare Diseases Discovery & Translational Medicine Area (NSRD DTA) we combine world-leading science in areas where we have a long and successful track record with new avenues of research that hold tremendous promise for millions of patients and their caregivers worldwide.
The Neuroscience Translational Medicine group is recruiting a Translational Medicine Leader to lead early development projects neurological indications, chiefly in the area of Schizophrenia.
In this role you will lead early stage clinical projects through proof of mechanism and proof of concept to transform molecules into new medicines in area with high unmet medical need.
- Lead clinical teams
- Developing disease area strategies
- Developing clinical development and biomarker plans
- Developing clinical protocols
- Fostering scientific and clinical projects
- Closely interfacing with pharmacology, drug discovery and biomarker groups
- Participating in scientific advisory boards
- Interacting with health authorities
- Liaising with the external academic and research community
- Leading collaborations with external research partnerships
- Coach, manage and support employees
- Performing and/or overseeing external collaboration and partnering activities
MD or MD/PhD with a board certification in psychiatry and fellowship training and/or research experience in psychiatry with a focus on schizophrenia are required to be successful in this job. Leadership qualities and an industry background in drug development in neurology or psychiatry are assets.
As a leader, you will work in a matrix environment where influencing and inspiring others in striving for excellence is expected.
If you are ready to join an exciting and challenging environment where science and patient health is your purpose, please submit your application.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.