RS Components is a trading brand of Electrocomponents plc, the global distributor for engineers. With operations in 32 countries, we offer more than 500,000 products through the internet, catalogues and at trade counters to over one million customers, shipping around 50,000 parcels a day. Electrocomponents is listed on the London Stock Exchange FTSE 250 and in the last financial year had revenues of £2bn.
We place a strong emphasis on investing in our people, our best asset, enabling them to be customer focused at all times and exceeding their expectations. This is because our customers are at the heart of everything we do. So, we look for people who have a strong belief in, and commitment to exceeding customer expectations, people who have pride and belief in their company.
In return we offer a positive and supportive culture which ensures that together we can help our customers do great things.
Responsible for maximizing sales income from all accounts within a specified Sales Territory , an RS Account Manager strives to become the first point of contact for a customer to address all their purchasing requirements. Primary focus is on building effective relationships with high opportunity accounts to gain a clear understanding of current and future needs and drive significant incremental sales. There is also a need to identify and support other opportunities for growth within the territory in conjunction with the wider sales and marketing teams.
- Deliver the Territory Sales Plan in conjunction with local and national strategies while exceeding targets on a monthly basis.
- Work collaboratively with Account Executive Team Partner, to drive sales and marketing initiatives.
- Ensure that CRM data is up to date on a daily basis with visit plans, visit objectives, outcomes and contact maintenance.
- Ensure customer segmentation and geography is managed, maintained and effectively covered on a rotation basis.
- Prepare, plan and assist site roadshows and expos on and off customer sites.
- Provide monthly reports on targets, KPM, customer activity, market forces and competition.
- Develop an internal and external network of business partners, fostering good team work within a best practice environment.
- Develop strong knowledge of RS’s product ranges, technologies, sales practices and procedures and value-added services.
- Maybe required to support and cover line manager in times of absence.