To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Salesforce is the one of the most purpose-driven, innovative and fastest growing technology companies. Our brand, our marketing, and our identity are all just as dynamic as our business. We are seeking a passionate and strategic leader to oversee the full scope of our brand marketing activities: customer & market insight, brand strategy development and amplification, contents strategy, media investment and brand marketing ROI. We need someone who will embrace a constantly-evolving brand strategy while staying true to the fundamental promise and values that have guided Salesforce for 20+ years. We believe the most powerful engine of our success hasn’t been our software, our people, or our business model, but rather, our culture around values. We want more people to know and love our company - and we want to give them reasons to do so.
This brand marketing director will need to have experience with the many facets of nurturing, protecting, and growing the brand of a global company. Importantly, this role will require the application of traditional branding skills to unprecedented and innovative situations. The right candidate will need to be strategically creative, able to pivot quickly, and comfortable with ambiguity.
This individual will report to Chief Marketing Officer, Japan/Korea and will be a part of the Brand & Creative organization, based in Tokyo, Japan.
- Brand Strategy: Lead the development and amplification of a corporate brand strategy that will drive significant awareness, understanding, purchase preference and brand love for Salesforce in the market, by aligning global brand strategy, assets and guideline and local stakeholders including campaign, product marketing, corporate communications, sustainability, employee success (HR), customer success group (support), etc. The scope of Brand is Product / People / Planet.
- Brand Research, Consumer and Market Insight: Manage Brand Research by partnering global Brand Research, Consumer & Market Insight team and local research companies. Partner with key stakeholders to translate their questions into research methods and plans. Collaborate with team members to analyze results, identify key insights, and generate clear business recommendations
- Contents Marketing Strategy: Develop Contents strategy and amplify it by partnering with Corporate Communication, Product Marketing, Digital Marketing, Campaign team, etc., by partnering with global stakeholders. We aim to develop world class personalized owned media with intelligence
- Agency Management and cross functional collaboration: Partner with agencies and cross functional team to unlock their best potential. Periodical quality review by partnering with Procurement team
- Media Planning and Implementation: Develop Connection planning and amplification. Plan and negotiate strategic media buying and implementation. Monitor the result and recommend further improvement opportunities.
- Project Management: Works with other leaders to evaluate resources, ensuring the team is running at capacity.
- Brand Marketing ROI Measurement: Lead to deliver constant Marketing ROI improvement by partnering with Marketing Operation and agency partners
- 15+ years brand marketing, or creative agency experience
- Experience managing and supporting multiple well-known global brands
- Demonstrated knowledge of branding best practices and principles
- Customer-obsessed and ability to translate data and insights into powerful, compelling stories that bring customers to life and inspire action
- Proactively coordinates brainstorming and ideation sessions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Japanese and English and interpersonal skills
- Produces well-thought-out presentations
- Proven track record of influencing and inspiring cross-functional peers and senior leaders by generating and implementing new ideas
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a fast-paced, startup environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Natural collaborator and team player. Advocates for team members in a collaborative way
- Ability to adapt to changing expectations and responsibilities as the role evolves
- Bachelor's degree
Founded in 1999, Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way. We harness technologies that can revolutionize companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world.
Salesforce is built on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By making technology more accessible, we're helping create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights, including being named one of the FORTUNE "100 Best Companies to Work For®" 2020 — 12 years in a row.
There are those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are those who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something that’s so much bigger than themselves, an industry, and their company.
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.