To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryProducts and Technology
Have you mastered the balance between creativity and technology? Are you looking to join a
technical team trusted to deliver mission-critical business services that help scale the
organization and create unprecedented business value? Do you want to be part of a business that’s
improving the state of the world and creating equality for all?
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative
Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!
About Salesforce Technology, Marketing & Product Engineering
Our Technology, Marketing & Products Engineering team is tasked for innovating and maintaining a massive distributed systems engineering platform that ships hundreds of features to production for tens of millions of users across all industries every day. Our users count on our platform to be highly reliable, lightning fast, supremely secure, and to preserve all of their customizations and integrations every time we ship. Our platform is deeply customizable to meet the differing demands of our vast user base, creating an exciting environment filled with complex challenges for our hundreds of agile engineering teams every day.
Check out our "We are Salesforce Engineering" video below
We are Salesforce Engineering
Why Salesforce.com CloudOps Team: We build teams that are smart, creative, and fun. We work hard and play hard and believe that each individual can make a diﬀerence. Continuous personal and professional development of each individual is core to our high performing organization.
This role will lead teams of engineers with a focus on nurturing our Ohana culture. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in building and leading technical teams, and in defining, implementing, and influencing engineering strategy and excellence.
The team will draw on your past experience leading software engineering efforts, providing leadership direction, overseeing development projects, product definition through authoring engineering plans, epics and user stories, and overall team health and efficiency.
You will drive innovation, empower, and motivate a team of seasoned engineers in an agile environment.
You will lead the team to create enterprise architecture designs, standard documentation, transition, and migration strategies and have vigilantly focus on customer success.
Oversee delivery of projects involving a variety of technologies and ensure solutions align with long-term objectives
Lead decision-making and collaboration across a broad network of stakeholders, delivery partners, and operational teams
Innovate and optimize engineering processes and standards; drive adoption throughout organization
Lead operational excellence and appropriate incident management and resolution
Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of Salesforce's business, products, and cloud services portfolio
- Eat, sleep, and breathe services. You have experience balancing live-site management, Projects delivery, and retirement of technical debt.
- Passionate about engineering productivity and service ownership and customer success
- Passionate about Continuous Integration and Delivery and driving teams to adopt this delivery model
- A passion for leading teams in the creation of large, modular, and maintainable code releases and infrastructure changes.
- Excited by building reliable, self-healing services.
- Experience designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems that run across thousands of compute nodes in multiple AWS regions.
- Capable of driving and delivering thin slices of functionality on a regular cadence with data-driven feedback loops in an agile environment
- 8+ years of software development experience with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects.
- 5+ years of people management experience with DevOps team.
- Masters / Bachelors degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Equivalent Experience
- Experience in hiring and growing smart, talented engineers
- Experience and passion for service ownership, building reliable and self-healing services
- Experience building large scale distributed, fault-tolerant systems
- Establish credibility with smart engineers quickly, Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, impeccable organizational and time management skills
- Experience managing vendor partners and teams extended with contractors
- Experience managing Dev teams
- Ability to oversee multiple complex project deliveries in parallel
- Experience with mission critical global public service running on AWS
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Broad business understanding
- Ability to learn quickly in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to take ownership of project delivery and multi-task on multiple projects/feature development
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.