To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.Job CategoryProducts and TechnologyJob Details
Software Engineering Manager, Developer Web Operations team at Salesforce
Location: Remote (Western EU or USA time zones preferred)
Developer Web Ops is a small, geographically distributed engineering team focused on developing and maintaining the public websites and supporting services that help developers learn about Salesforce and Heroku.
The Senior Engineering Manager will manage 4-6 engineers. Responsibilities will include:
- Working with stakeholders on the various projects we support to make sure requirements are understood and expectations are met
- Attending sprint planning meeting and ensuring that priorities are understood
- Provide technical leadership and coaching where required
- Ensure that on-call schedules are supported while avoiding team burnout
- Hold regular 1:1’s and quarterly career development meetings with all team members
- Maintain and build a healthy fun environment for the team
- 7+ years of full-time software engineering experience working in a team environment
- 3+ years experience managing software engineers
- Exposure to software development best practices, such as code review, automated testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Empathy and teamwork—we celebrate our successes as a team and help each other to achieve that success
- The desire to collaborate regularly with colleagues in both engineering and non-engineering roles
- Good communication skills, especially in asynchronous, written forms, so you can work effectively with geographically distributed teams and people of various backgrounds
- The ability to work in an environment that has numerous simultaneous projects. We help each other prioritize our work, and we’ll need your help to let us know what you need to keep making progress
- Opportunity and support to learn and grow as a developer
- A commitment to equal pay
- A company that values diverse backgrounds and an inclusive culture that believes in giving back
- A supportive and compassionate team that values work-life balance and spends some time refactoring code, improving our processes, learning, and experimenting
- Great benefits
- Commitment to working remotely. Many of our teams are more than 50% remote, and we strive to make the “remote worker” experience as good as being in the office
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com andSalesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.Salesforce.com andSalesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes.Salesforce.com andSalesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement withSalesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.