Job Summary:Disney China Product Development team is seeking a passionate, experienced and bold design manager with great ideas, an active hands-on approach to design and hungry to innovate in the product development. Grab this unique opportunity to work with the worlds best stories, most loved characters and leading entertainment brands.
Responsibilities:• Lead product development for China market with various licensees across multiple product categories mainly focusing on Consumer Electrics, Home, and sport categories
• Work closely with licensees, category managers and Creative leaders and peers in developing new concepts and directions
• Involve in the product approval process for in-house approvals of licensees so as to ensure Disney’s standards are upheld
• Give design advise/suggestions internally to category managers and externally to existing and potential licensees on quality concepts and designs for their products, so as to increase the revenue for the Company
• Initiate and perform product line reviews, and new licensees’ induction meetings on a regular basis •Provide support in marketing program / tie-in promotions, artworks & special project assigned
• Build and add into existing library and manage the distribution of art resources, i.e. style guides, art portfolios and brand manuals received from head office
• Update and revise the manual for category managers and licensees on Disney characters’ usage, brand knowledge and product approval procedures
• Creative, out-of-the-box visionary capable of bringing forth innovative ideas and concepts that deliver strong results.
• Exceptional eye for detail, sensitivity to the consumer experience and passion for the Disney brand.
• Equipped with strong project management, analytic skills and proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Must possess high level of enthusiasm and be a strong team player.
• Demonstrate ability to communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the audience.
• International experience is plus and ability to adapt to different cultures with open mind is required.
• Graduate degree in Product design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design or a Related Field.
• About 10 years of relevant working experience
• A portfolio showcasing strong ability in graphic and industrial design skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills and compelling presentation skill in Mandarin and English
• Willing to travel, locations include head office in Shanghai, licensees’ offices within China
• Exceptional computer graphic design skills , and any related tools, e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, After effect, or any other 3D design software
• Excellent skill for Keynote and 3D related software
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.