HULU is seeking a Director of Business Affairs to provide support to HULU Originals through the negotiation of a myriad of service deals and acquisition of intellectual property rights. The Director will also draft, review and negotiate agreements related to the production, distribution, and acquisition of original programming.
- Negotiate a high volume of service deals for a wide variety of programming, including scripted, non-scripted, and some animation.
- Partner with the Hulu legal team on drafting contracts and other issues related to IP matters, unions and guilds, etc.
- Rigorously analyze deal structures and advise on strategy, costs, talent relations and other information relating to the development, production, and licensing of Hulu Originals productions.
- Manage relationships with agents, lawyers and studio executives throughout entertainment industry.
- Minimum 7 years prior transactional television knowledge. Studio experience highly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and negotiation skills are required.
- Extensive hands-on experience with complex contracts.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills, with a demonstrated track record of sound business and legal judgment.
- Established relationships within the entertainment and online business and legal communities.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and to remain composed under pressure.
- Must be able to respond to and interact with senior level creative and business executives in a professional and helpful manner.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft office applications including, Word and Excel.
- JD degree and active member of CA bar or eligible for Registered In-House Counsel status (Rule 9.46