The Walt Disney Company’s Disney Media Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu -- alongside Disney’s international media businesses, DMED aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
- Develop and implement a robust people strategy that proactively addresses business needs and all major HR areas; talent acquisition, organization development, performance management, talent planning and career development, employee relations, leadership development, employee communications, compensation and rewards, learning, etc.
- Personally business partner with senior leaders, ensure exceptionally high level of client focused internal consulting
- Lead a team of HRBPs and leverage a wider shared services team to provide first class strategic business partnering and responsive, quality service to all employees within the client group
- Develop direct team to levels of high performance and enable individuals to grow and reach their potential
- In conjunction with DMED D&I team and other stakeholders, develop and deliver programs that increase the diversity of the organization and create a culture of inclusion
- Strategize and drive organizational development initiatives to ensure that the design, capabilities, processes and culture of the organization deliver the business strategy
- Directly provide or facilitate the provision of expert advice and counsel to leaders on all organization and human resources issues
- Lead the implementation of all key company-wide HR initiatives and life cycle activities for the client group; e.g. learning programs, compensation planning, performance management and talent planning for client groups
- In partnership with Talent Acquisition team, develop the internal and external recruitment and planning strategies to meet needs of various corporate organizations
- Lead the development of the learning and org development strategies to close skill “gaps” between current and future skill sets and competencies.
- Lead the development and alignment of key human resources practices to help drive business results.
- Leverage the HR COE’s, proactively partner with broader HR team to share and further develop best practices
- Establish key metrics to drive measure and reinforce high service levels and internal consulting deliverables from the human resources function and to also measure the success of human capital strategies.
- Provide ongoing leadership coaching to key executives within the organization
- 10 plus years in increasingly responsible Human Resources roles including significant senior level business partnering experience;
- Experience working with technology organizations is preferred or other fast paced, constantly changing global functions
- Must have strong OD and change management skills with experience partnering with businesses going through significant org transformations on a global scale
- Proven track record of establishing credibility and delivering first class business partner experience to leadership, seen as the key partner in major business decisions.
- Business oriented, able to understand the organization from a commercial and operational point of view as well as from a people perspective
- Experience at building a strong, contemporary and value added HR team
- Strong experience in the creation and execution of communication strategies
- Track record of influencing executives, mid-level and senior management
- Possesses both strategic thinking capability and “hands on” HR plan implementation experience – able to strategically conceive of a new ways of doing things and then pragmatically turn concepts into action
- Strong influence, interpersonal and analytical skills and overall leadership capability
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws pertaining to the employment relationship
- BA/BS in Business, HR or related field and/or equivalent combination of experience
- MBA is a plus