Would you like to be responsible for troubleshooting the computer and network systems on board Disney Cruise Line vessels around the globe? The ship’s IT Technical Analyst is responsible for corrective and preventive maintenance of the computer and network systems. If you thrive in an environment where professionalism, precision and integrity are highly valued, and where no two days are the same, apply today to join us!
Responsibilities:As an IT Technical Analyst on board Disney Cruise Line you would troubleshoot computer and network systems throughout all the ship’s departments. You would be part of the Engineering department under the Chief Electrical Engineer team and you would report to the IT Technical Specialist.
Advance in your career with Disney Cruise Line! You will:
- Maintain inventory of all software and computer, printer, and network hardware with serial numbers and record of ownership
- Assist shore side IT with application deployment, upgrades, and troubleshooting
- User assistance:
- Assist users when required in all computer based applications
- Instruct users in basic handling routines, e.g., login, logout, personal file maintenance, printer operations, etc.
- Provide user technical training on applications
- Monitor and manage users data storage requirements to verify effective use of resources
- Utilize automation tools and monitoring systems to proactively monitor and manage user computer systems
- Network Maintenance:
- Proactively monitor health of all network electronics on daily basis to verify maximum up time
- Monitor ship wireless network to verify maximum up time
- Troubleshoot and maintain all network cabling
- Regular Maintenance routines:
- Perform regular backups of all server based systems
- Check all port/terminal hardware (PC’s, printers) each port day morning to verify proper operation
- Daily check of all servers to verify proper operation
- Install new software as required
- Monitor network storage for inappropriate use (music files, personal photos, etc)
- Regular cleaning (dust removal, etc.) of all computers and terminals
- Report any changes in inventory to the Chief Engineer.
- Maintain and program the ship’s inventory of pagers and radios.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and test electronics, computer systems and software
- Work in coordination with the 1st and Automation Electronics Engineers for the reliability, integrity and availability of automation systems throughout the vessel.
- Work in coordination with Entertainment Technical team for the reliability and availability of Entertainment systems involving network systems.
- Provide professional and social guidance to subordinates by exemplary personal behaviour.
- Carry out Emergency Duties as specified in the ship Assembly Plan.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Chief Electrical Engineer/IT Technical Specialist.
Basic Qualifications:Please apply if you have:
- Experience with Microsoft suite of applications (MS Office, MS Outlook, MS Visio, etc.)
- Basic understanding of Microsoft server operation and troubleshooting
- Strong PC setup and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to express thoughts clearly and thoroughly in writing
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be able to speak, read and write fluent English
Preferred Qualifications:It would be great if you also have:
- 4-year degree in Information Technology or related field of study
- Familiarity with IT operations in the cruise industry
- Knowledge of telephony systems including VOIP
- Experience with VMWare virtualization technology
- Familiarity with computer network operation
- Familiarity with Cisco network electronics
- Familiarity with Fidelio Cruise applications
- Familiarity with Micros Point of Sale application
Additional Information:This is a SHIPBOARD role.
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be committed to the position you are applying for at least 2-3 contracts before a transfer or promotion
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace United States Public Health requirements and guidelines as well as Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
At Disney Cruise Line, you can set sail on the job opportunity of a lifetime! Disney Cruise Line has established itself in the hospitality and entertainment industry, and has been recognized as the top cruise line for families. Our crew members bring the magic to life to provide guest service and create family-friendly fun onboard our ships, and on our private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay! With incredible itineraries that visit exciting destinations around the world, Crew and Officers can chart the course for an unforgettable adventure with Disney Cruise Line.