Would you like to be a Disney Cruise Line Senior Engineer responsible for the ship’s Fuel Gas System? The LNG Engineer monitors, maintains and repairs the fuel gas system, being conversant with the properties of LNG/NG, International rules and regulations for ships using gas as fuel. If you thrive in an environment where safety, professionalism, precision and integrity is highly valued, and where no two days are the same, apply today to join us!
Responsibilities:As the LNG Engineer on board Disney Cruise Line you would provide leadership, guidance and training to Engineering Officers and Crew as it relates to work associated with the gas system and LNG. You would report to the Staff Chief Engineer.
Advance in your career with Disney Cruise Line! You will:
- Oversee the operation and performance of the Gas Fuel System including supply to users.
- Coordinate inspection, maintenance and repairs of the Gas Fuel System equipment.
- Oversee bunkering operations including upper tank surface cool down, bunker header cool down, hose handling, bunker ESD test, hose connection/disconnection, tightness test, ramping up/down, draining liquid from manifold/hose and purging.
- Operate and maintain the auxiliary systems.
- Maintain cleanliness and general condition of all relevant spaces.
- Work in close relationship with the Watch Engineers to ensure a safe and efficient operation of the Gas Fuel Plant and related sub-systems.
- Work in close cooperation with the LNG Automation Engineer to carry out required testing and maintenance of the Gas Fuel Automation System instrumentation.
- Deliver frequent trainings on Gas Fuel System to Engineering Dept. Crew and Officers.
- Uphold the general safety management responsibilities in areas and operations under your control.
Basic Qualifications:Please apply if you have:
- Chief Engineer unlimited license
- 2+ years sea-going as a Senior Engineer
- 1+ Year as LNG/Gas Engineer on Cruise ships, Ferries, Barges operating with LNG
- IGF Code Advanced Certificate
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent written and spoken English
- Enthusiasm about guiding other team members
- Proven leadership skills, and ability to take command and make quick decisions under pressure
- Flexibility and a cool head in dynamic, ever-evolving environments
Additional Information:This is a Shipboard role
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be committed to the position you are applying for at least 2-3 contracts before a transfer or promotion
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace United States Public Health requirements and guidelines as well as Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check