- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Effective at dealing with change: Able to transition in role or handle a significant modification or technology with minimal ramp-up time and with very little guidance.
- Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Negotiating: Can negotiate skillfully in touch situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Managing and measuring work: Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results.
- Written Communication: Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desire effect.
- Organizing: Marshals resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Motivating Others: Creates a climate in which people want to do their best.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue, lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Responsibilities:Information Security Requirements
- Strong knowledge of secure development principles, standards, practices and technologies
- Strong knowledge of applicable industry and regulatory requirements for secure development
- Proven understanding how application security relates to primary IT Security and Operational processes, including monitoring and response
- Demonstrated experience in secure development requirements, assessment, and lifecycle processes, including sec/devops
- Ability to design and deliver security training programs optimized to individual application teams’ needs leveraging issue trend and root cause analysis
- Expertise in at least 1 scripting languages and advanced skills in programming languages (e.g. Go, Python, Ruby, Dart, Node, Java, others alike).
- Systems administration skills on Linux and Windows platforms
- Software Development Continuous Integration (CI) Pipeline knowledge (e.g. Jenkins, Gitlab CI)
- Expertise with Distributed Systems and Container Platforms (e.g. Kubernetes/GKE, ECS, Mesos, Fargate, Nomad)
- Experience with Source Control Management systems (e.g. Git)
- Expertise in public and private cloud hosting services (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Proficient in web server technologies (e.g. Apache, Node.js, NginX, Tomcat, IIS, Caddy Server) including setup, configuration, performance monitoring, tuning, clustering, and debugging (e.g. JConsole).
- Proficient with data technologies (e.g. NoSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Elastic) including being able to perform basic setup, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Able to implement existing base standards for new systems and/or applications for all of the following:
- Site/Systems monitoring and instrumentation
- Application monitoring and instrumentation
- System monitoring and instrumentation
- Resilience, performance & Telemetry data
- Demonstrate exceptional troubleshooting methodology, including the ability to author and instruct new methodologies
- Ability to lead team of engineers to diagnose simple to complex systems and process problems, resolve complex incidents, identify and propose system and application fixes, evaluate new system and/or infrastructure solutions for technical feasibility against known requirements and standards.
- Minimum 7 or more years of experience with relevant internet technologies and 2+ years to team leading experience
- Proven technical knowledge to deliver sustained success
- Proven record of delivering business critical projects within challenging time frames, multiple stake holder groups and competing priorities
- Proven ability to support and manage technical specialists for individual and team growth
- Proven experience building scalable processes leveraging automation
- Experience in leading a security discipline within large organizations with a focus on secure development or assessment automation or penetration testing
- Knowledge in basic machine learning concepts, predictive analysis and data engineering
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.