Job Summary:Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company’s content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company’s streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ Hotstar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
Overall purpose of role:
- Provide both first and second-line support for the post production facility including video edit, 2D/3D graphics and audio mixing; diagnose and resolve issues with all aspects of the post production and storage environments.
- Effectively document problems and their resolutions.
- Work with line Manager & the Lead Engineer to plan upgrades for all Post Production systems, advising on systems enhancements and workflow development as required.
- Manage & perform technical upgrades and new installations, where necessary using third party providers.
- Work with the senior manager to interface with Disney Enterprise Systems to ensure desktop and broadcast infrastructure work seamlessly together.
- Work with key manufacturers and support vendors to achieve an appropriate level of service for the Disney lines of business.
- Follow the agreed change control process for all planned technology changes making sure that all work is documented and any changes updated on the relevant wiring/ cable schedules, workflow drawings and project documentation.
- Undertake preventative maintenance to ensure maximum system availability whilst managing and documenting the maintenance cycle
- Manage the spares inventory and ensure stocks of spares are current and accessible.
- Providing remote support to other European markets as needed, including cover for other technical staff for holidays and sickness.
Areas of responsibility:
- Implement any agreed technical change as requested by the line manager and work with the business liaison to ensure the task is delivered.
- Act as a centre of excellence for all internal clients across varying lines of business (LOB) giving advice on technical post production workflows and problem resolution.
- Build a good working relationship with the LOB and Disney service provider staff so that any issues are identified at an early stage and dealt with swiftly.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders
- Keep abreast of all key broadcast industry technical standards and health and safety policies and work with the Lead Engineer to see these are incorporated into Disney specifications where appropriate.
- Maintain Disney technology to the best possible standards and support the business with the highest level of commitment and professionalism
- Education to Degree level in a related Electronic Engineering field, followed by selective theory & practical training courses during employment, covering the areas below
- Alternatively educated to a higher education standard, such as the International Baccalaureate, with greater than 3 years demonstrable track record in broadcast post production support covering the areas below.
- Be technically competent across a wide range of broadcast related areas.
- The post holder should have ideally been working in the TV industry for at least 3 years with a major broadcaster or post production facility in a post production support role.
- Experience in and a detailed knowledge of Post Production:
- Edit (specifically Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Transcoding (for example Telestream Vantage)
- Graphics (specifically Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk Maya, Cinema 4D)
- Audio mix environments (specifically Avid ProTools)
- Plus, a detailed understanding of video & audio signal path both digital & analogue.
- Applicants will be required to demonstrate their technical knowledge at interview.
- The post holder should possess a high level of organisational ability coupled with outstanding diplomacy skills.
- They should be self motivated and clear thinking with the ability to intelligently prioritise conflicting tasks.
- Excellent communication skills are essential. The ability to break down complicated technical jargon into Lehmann's terms would be an advantage.
- As there may be times when issues arise outside normal working hours a willingness to be flexible in hours worked is desirable.
- The ability to assess complex technical problems and provide fast effective solutions.
- Proven background and experience in the implementation of post production and transcoding solutions including wiring installation and a detailed understanding of video and audio signal path both digital and analog.
- A high standard of computer literacy on the Mac, Linux and Windows platforms
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.