The ideal candidate will be able to craft compelling, news, lifestyle and entertainment segments and adapt to breaking news, as needed. Good communication skills with talent representatives, guests and our gma3 team are essential. The candidate must have the ability to work under pressure and a clear understanding of ABC News style of storytelling.
- Work closely with newsgathering, bookers, desk, correspondents & senior producers to craft compelling segments
- Create live segments working with video and or props
- Conduct taped interviews and write taped pieces
- Guide control room and anchor(s) through planned segments
- Pitch and execute show, segment and guest booking ideas
- Act as a team leader and fill-in for senior producer
- Assist with editorial planning
- Proven ability to roll with the punches and continuous changes that come with producing news on a live streaming platform
- Solid news judgment
- Ability to write clearly and effectively.
- Minimum of (5-7) years of professional experience at Television, Film, of Digital Media companies.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and assignments simultaneously under strict deadlines.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Preferred EducationBachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Creative Writing, Communications, or related field or equivalent work experience.