The Walt Disney Company seeks an experienced labor relations attorney to support its Sports, News, Daytime, Syndicated, Late Night, Documentary, Owned Television Station, NatGeo and scripted dramatic productions. Position can be located in New York or Los Angeles.
- Handle collective bargaining negotiations
- Strategic counsel to business units, including the labor relations implications of business initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Advising production, finance, distribution, publicity/marketing, creative and business/legal affairs colleagues on the terms of a wide range of entertainment industry agreements
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with industry labor organizations
- Investigating and addressing grievances brought by unions and guilds, requiring risk assessment skills in the context of ongoing Company operations.
- Handling labor arbitrations or other legal proceedings such as NLRB matters
- State Bar membership, California or New York preferred
- 5+ years of relevant labor relations experience strongly preferred
- Experience working with industry collective bargaining agreements, unions and guilds preferred
- Strong analytical abilities, strategic thinker, excellent communication skills and ability to analyze financial data
- Ability to work variable hours and travel as required
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop positive working relationships
- Proven team orientation, ability to work independently and manage competing priorities, yet seek guidance when appropriate.
Required EducationJD or equivalent