The Department has the primary responsibility of sourcing goods and services and coordinating their delivery for the Disney Cruise Line Ships and the private Islands. The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for coordinating the requirements from the stakeholder, and fulfilling those requirements from the market in the required timeline, and by the most cost effective means through effective quoting and negotiation. The Specialist works with partner departments to coordinate the most expedited and cost efficient shipping modes, and ensures that all shipping documentation is in accordance with Trade and Compliance guidelines.
- The Sourcing Specialist will be a part of a team responsible for with a focus on client management, category management, and technical solutions in support of DCL operations.
- This individual will be accountable for business unit sourcing initiatives that consider supply chain processes and infrastructure improvements to drive reductions in Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) without compromising business strategy and performance.
- The Sourcing Specialist will participate on cross- functional teams responsible for developing and implementing strategic sourcing arrangements with preferred suppliers.
- The Sourcing Specialist will continuously improve the Company’s procure to pay process by identifying and leading efforts with affected departments to reduce cycle times, improve customer service and reduce total costs.
- The Sourcing Specialist will source and negotiate supply relationships for internal clients
- Provides quote management and order execution for assigned DCL vessel
- Coordinates and confirms requirements for on-board stakeholders
- Negotiates cost and lead time
- Leverage global supply base to ensure acquisition of requirements at the best landed cost
- Escalates as needed to resolve issues, i.e. extended or missed timelines, order errors, and returns
- Provides timely communication to stakeholder
- Negotiation of goods and services contracts and Statement’s of Work
- Identify opportunities to enhance value from the supply chain
- The Sourcing Specialist leads Supplier Relationship Management program in support of the Sourcing Department goals
- Establishes supplier performance metrics, process Improvement and value-add opportunities
- The Sourcing Specialist will support DCL requirements for compliance with regulatory agencies (i.e. SOLAS, MARPOL, USCG, Lloyds Registry, etc.)
- The Sourcing Specialist will lead and/or support business efforts to protect the brand and achieve Corporate Citizenship goals in Environmentality and Supplier Diversity
- 3-5 years’ experience in supporting a Strategic Sourcing and Procurement department
- Negotiation experience of pricing and commercial terms and conditions
- Drafting of Statements of Work for simple to moderately complex technical and non-technical engagements
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite (esp. Exchange, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Listens and asks questions to ensure understanding
- Keeps commitments
- Interacts well with people who have different cultures, backgrounds and work styles (Invites diverse points of view)
- Tailors messages appropriately to the audience
- Uses technology to facilitate better results and support productivity
- Analyzes problems effectively and takes action to resolve (Conceives creative ideas)
- Fluent in English
- Experience in a Cruise Line Sourcing department with understanding of the applicable Categories, including MRO and Marine Technical Operations
- Contributes to team collaboration (Remaining productive despite uncertainty)
- Uses knowledge of the company's products and services to meet customer needs and financial targets
- Conveys relevant information (challenges, issues, trends, etc.) with external suppliers and internal cross-functional teams in a candid and timely manner
- Suggests ways to increase efficiencies in communication and output with the team and key suppliers
- Strengthens others through mentoring and feedback (Inspiring and motivating peers)
- PREFERRED – Operational familiarity with AMOS and SAP Procurement modules
- Professional certification in supply chain management (C.P.M., CPSM, or equivalent)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Engineering, or other quantitative discipline)
- Masters Degree