The Freeform Original Programming & Development team is seeking a qualified candidate for an SVP, Programming & Development role, to manage the scripted series development team and oversee the department’s day-to-day operations. In this role, the SVP will identify and develop ideas/concepts for scripted series (drama, comedy, and animation) and creatively supervise production of scripted series pilots.
- Oversee all original scripted (drama, comedy, and animation) series development for Freeform branded content.
- As a key member of Freeform’s senior team, help develop and execute the creative strategy as defined by the EVP of Programming & Development, to grow unique, compelling, and brand-appropriate scripted series content.
- Lead and manage, with a strong emphasis on fostering/nurturing the development and growth of, 5+ member scripted series development team.
- Oversee and manage the development budget.
- Develop and maintain relationships with established talent (writers, producers, directors, actors, authors, filmmakers, playwrights), identify up-and-coming talent, and actively pursue business with both groups.
- Self-generate, solicit, evaluate and develop ideas/concepts to make into scripted series.
- From a creative standpoint, oversee production of pilots to ensure the integrity of the creative vision.
- Provide ongoing guidance on key casting decisions.
- Partner with the Scheduling department on series launches, stunts and general programming needs.
- Collaborate with other Freeform departments on various issues (Business Affairs, S&P, PR, Marketing, Digital Media, etc.)
- Spearhead problem solving and crisis management resolution with studio partners and outside producers on all production and programming issues.
- Manage special projects and assignments as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated track record of developing commercially successful and/or critically acclaimed original scripted series.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with experience and/or strong interest in running and growing a dynamic team of rising executives.
- Strong communication skills with team members and management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the scripted series production process.
- Knowledge of and interest in Freeform content and target demographic.
- Strong existing relationships with production companies, agents, producers, etc.
- Demonstrated creative and development skills.
- Self-motivation to develop new ideas.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to multitask and manage complex projects.