Lucasfilm Animation is the creator of the Emmy award-winning animation series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and Star Wars: The Bad Batch, an original series now streaming on Disney+.
We are looking for a Technical Assistant who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The Technical Assistant will work closely with Directors and Story Artists while helping produce and maintain a smoothly running 3D Story pipeline. This position is responsible for all technical matters in the story phase of production, including show setup, technical support, show QC, packaging, as well as tool design and integration.
- Under supervision of Pipeline Supervisor and Technical Director, develop tools (scripting and programming) for the 3D Story department.
- Develop a strong understanding of the 3D Story Pipeline so as to assist with any technical issues that should arise.
- Assist in Show Setup and Packaging, and maintain all the tools required to perform these tasks.
- QC and problem solve for issues of all media coming into, being used by, and then delivered out of the 3D Story Department.
- Assist the 3D Story artists by troubleshooting any technical issues they run into.
- Contribute to the success of both the 3D Story Creative and Pipeline Department through actively supporting operational tasks as well as identifying and addressing potential issues/problems.
- Learn and follow coding conventions and standards.
- Work with leaders across multiple departments to ensure that the 3D Story Pipeline is running smoothly and efficiently.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 plus years of experience working within the animation industry.
- Works well in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate at both a technical and non-technical level with colleagues.
- Works independently and can be proactive about solving issues.
- Must be able to handle critique and (code) review.
- Strong interest in animation story process preferred.
- Must have demonstrated expertise in the Maya software package.
- Demonstrated programming skills: Python and Mel.
- Strong understanding of animation production and development process.
- Working knowledge of a Unix-like operating system also preferred.