- Coordinates activities with teams from Engineering, Sales, Professional Services, Product Management, and Global Support Services to ensure customer issues are resolved to satisfaction and in a timely manner.
- Analyzes technical problems to assess the business, operational, and financial impact to customers.
- Integrates customer and VMware business requirements with technical requirements to determine best course of action.
- Prepares and presents key business issues to senior management to build consensus regarding resolution strategy.
- Advises senior management of any developments and action plans to resolve complex service related issues.
- Ensures proper assignment of resources and activity during problem resolution across all regions.
- Controls and directs internal resources to set time requirements and expectations.
- Documents and manages action items, assigned owners, and timeline of events during a break/fix customer impact event.
- Identifies and facilitates exchange of technical information between Global Support Services and Development Engineering.
- Interacts directly with customers on behalf of senior management via customer meetings and written communication.
- Participates in Root Cause Analysis including incident and problem management activities.
- Participates and leads highly technical escalation and management conference calls; assumes leadership role in providing case status updates to management, account team and director level customers with the ability to clearly articulate concerns and issues to the customer.
- Prior work experience with VMWare Stack (ESXi, vSphere, vCenter & NSX) and Networking Technologies
- Prior work experience in troubleshooting networking issues (L2-L7)
- Prior experience in Automation/Python scripting
- At least 5+ years of experience in Customer Support
- In-depth knowledge of Networking Protocols and Solutions (e.g. TCP, UDP, ARP, DHCP, ICMP, IPv4/IPv6, STP, VLTP, LACP,VLAN, VxLAN,WAN)
- Proficient with troubleshooting and debugging tools (e.g. tcpdump, wireshark, traceroute, route, netstat)
- Innovative debugging skills and ability to work in lab environments to recreate issues
- Analytical mindset to identify problems, methodic approach to troubleshooting, and creativity to find solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or higher) or equivalent work experience
- Operating Systems: Deep Linux knowledge - Installation/Configuration/Administration (RHEL and Ubuntu a plus)
- 5+ Years Virtualization experience desired - Installation/Configuration/Administration and Debugging of VMware ESX, General Networking (L2-L7)
- Self-sufficient, but knows when to ask for help. Work individually with less supervision
- Knowledge of Cloud Architectures ( vCD / AWS / AVS / GCP )
- Ability to understand customer issues and create well documented Product Defects related to serviceability and usability
- Create Root Cause Analysis documentation and Knowledge Based content
Cross Functional Engagements
- Work with Global Support and Professional Services
- Work closely with Product Management to improve product Quality and Usability
- Participate in Test Plan, Functional Spec, and Design Reviews
- Capacity to work individually with less supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Possess excellent logic and data analysis capabilities
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Self-confidence and ability to express opinions and influence effectively
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-17
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.