Overview of the role:
We are looking primarily for Sr. Java/Web developer to join a globally distributed Development team following Agile Software Development and Release Methodology. Hands on knowledge well as can lead team (if required)
• Candidate will research, analyze, design, develop, test, deploy and implement software applications and systems using J2EE, Eclipse, Java and related technologies. Candidate will also use EJB, JDBC, JSP, Struts Framework, Spring, JPA, JSF, Angular JS2, Servlets, HTML, DHTML, JBoss, XML, XSLT, AJAX, Web Services, Oracle, Windows, UNIX etc. as well as various other software development tools, languages and technologies.
• Candidate will develop software components. Candidate will install configure and integrate programs. Candidate will create user interfaces, generate reports, and design technical and functional specifications. Candidate will perform validations and write programs.
• Candidate will be involved in design and development of both the presentation layer and the enterprise layer. Candidate will design and implement UNIX and Windows based scripting to put the file in Oracle file loading queue. Candidate will also design and implement log file generation and send email to different business groups and clients.
• Candidate will be involved in design and development of Consumer driven account, reimbursement administration and management. Candidate will design, develop and support funding and disbursement modules using Java programs / Oracle Stored procedures, packages and triggers. He will also define, design and implement generation of business related data and integrate with outside organizations like banks, vendors and clients using FTP, SFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, XML, SOAP, web service.
• Candidate will be involved in quality assurance activities like reviews, walkthroughs etc. Candidate will prepare and execute test cases for business Functionalities, Setup Services and other activities. He will write scripts to build the applications using ANT/Maven. Candidate will deploy J2EE applications to Jboss application server. Candidate will work on UNIX, Linux, DOS and Shell Programming. Candidate will also assist in carrying out problem analysis, developing quality metrics and submitting solution recommendations. He will be responsible for process improvement and process automation using Unix Cron, Windows scripting, Bash scripting and tools like UAC, Automate and Automize.
• Candidate will be responsible for establish, manage and improve software development life cycles using different methodologies like Agile and Waterfall with project management tools.
Very good knowledge on Scrum, Agile methods and XP is required.
• A minimum of 5+ years of Software Development experience, out of which the majority should be relevant to the technology Acclaris uses (Java / J2EE).
• Very good understanding of all leading modern web frameworks like JSF, Spring,Struts is required. Good knowledge of web 2.0, AJAX and related component frameworks like Rich Faces or Ice Faces will be a plus.
• Good knowledge on Micro Service frameworks.
• Good knowledge on Soap & Rest based web services, SAML SSO will be required.
• Knowledge of Angular JS2, Bourbons Neat, and CSS will be preferred.
• Good knowledge of Oracle SQL and database design.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work effectively across multiple business units, external clients and technology partners and fellow team members.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/SVN.
• Excellent analytical and design skills at multiple product levels.
• Experience in ITSM and Waterfall/Agile processes.
• Proficient understanding of Data Model
• Excellent research, analysis and implementation skills.
Soft skills/Behavioural skills
• Commitment - Should pull the team forward during trying times. Should have a positive attitude.
• Teamwork and collaboration - Can switch based on situations as sometimes being a leader, sometimes being a good follower, monitoring the progress, meeting deadlines and working with others across the organization to achieve a common goal.
• Adaptability - Should have a passion for learning and the ability to continue to grow and stretch the skills to adapt to the changing needs of the organization.
• Problem solving - Should has a urge to resolve problem himself rather than delegating.