The RoleCorporate Risk & Broking
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
The Associate Broker is responsible for preparing and submitting business to our carrier partners, following-up for quotes, and for providing analytics for key accounts. In this role, you will also be responsible for coordinating internal strategy meetings.
- Gather information and analytics to assess and evaluate client risks in order to support the placement of client risks into the market.
- With support of more experienced brokers, develop client and prospect presentations to secure new, and build on existing, relationships.
- Research market solutions to learn how to identify and develop optimum risk solutions for clients.
- Ensure that quality and compliance procedures and processes are adhered to.
- Execute straightforward new business placement, renewals and simple alterations of existing cover, under supervision.
- Record and maintain all information accurately on the appropriate systems.
- Work closely with associates from other departments that support the broking process (e.g., analytics).
- Build technical skills by satisfactorily completing basic and intermediate training courses as required.
- Prepare draft submission documents and finalize submissions for delivery.
- Review quotes against specifications and develop side-by side comparisons.
- Prepare program proposals.
- Review program binders for accuracy against quotes and complete file reviews.
- Insurance broker's license required, or ability to obtain one within 3 months of hire
- College degree
- Ability to communicate clearly with others, through email, phone and in person
- Customer service background preferred.
- Some insurance knowledge a plus.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 45,000 employees serving more than 140 countries and markets. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas "EUR" the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.