In this role you will work with others to develop and execute sales and marketing plans for both clients and prospects, identify new business development opportunities, participate directly in sales activities, be an active market spokesperson for the practice, coach and lead other Retirement sales professionals, and develop concepts, tactics and relationships for the LOB that support the strategic direction of the business and regional market needs.
You will also work with the broader Regional Sales Leader (RSL) network within the Retirement practice to develop and deploy best practice coaching and proposal support for various sales opportunities.
This role will co-own with the Retirement practice Office LOB Leader (OLL) (offices as assigned by Retirement leadership) the development and execution of local revenue growth plans.
Sales and marketing strategy:
- Leading and executing a regional business strategy to penetrate the market, introduce new clients to the firm, and expand relationships with current clients in order to meet annual revenue goals.
- Collaborate with the OLLs, senior retirement consultants, Client Relationship Directors and sales teams to identify, develop, and close strategic sales opportunities.
- Work with the Region LOB Leader and other regional RSL's to ensure best practices, new ideas and services, and competitive information are shared across the offices.
- Build relationships with internal and external sources to maximize the penetration of key target accounts.
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell new products and services.
- Co-own, with the local OLL, the development and execution of local revenue growth plans.
- Personal consulting and sales: Responsible for meeting personal consulting and sales objectives, while dedicating at least 40 to 50%% of time to regional activities.
- Manage, support, and execute significant Retirement business initiatives to increase revenue and market share, retain current clients, and expand existing relationships.
- Collaborate across Geography, LOBs, and Segments to effectively pursue and deliver on multi-faceted opportunities.
- People management and development: Support sales training for associates. Mentor and support sales teams, and coach sales teams and individual consultants on specific revenue pursuits. Manage and coach Retirement Business Developers within the region to fully meet their sales goals individually, and the regional team as a whole.
- Support of regional sales plan, including local office sales planning and go-to-market efforts, gap identification and closure strategy.
- Opportunity-specific sales strategy development and proposal planning support, including proposal scope, use of best materials and resources, pricing validation, and presentation preparation.
- Share best practices including proposals, sales collateral and market-facing activities
- Monitor competitor activities and identify sales barriers.
- Proven ability to generate profitable revenue
- Track record of success in winning new large client relationships
- Proven success in the design/management of Retirement programs to Fortune 1,000 or organizations of similar size gained in a consulting environment
- An executive presence with polished and well developed written and oral communication skills
- Superior ability to influence and collaborate internally and externally with senior management and work across all levels of an organization
- Interest and aptitude in keeping abreast of latest developments in retirement approaches and contributing to the development of new tools and approaches
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate with colleagues and train less experienced associates in the sales process
- Strong interest in driving sales success of others and taking ownership of pursuits with others even if not in a client-facing role
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, persuade others to take a holistic view, and knowledge of the competitive landscape and full range of WTW services
- Flexibility with regard to travel that can range from 20-40%
- An undergraduate degree is required; advanced degree preferred
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 45,000 employees serving more than 140 countries and markets. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas "EUR" the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.