As a Health and Benefits Financial Consultant, you will serve as the financial lead for large, complex client assignments. You"EURTMll leverage your experience as a benefits financial expert to make recommendations on plan design and strategy, all while leading a team in support of our clients"EURTM overall strategic vision.
- Provide valued-added financial expertise on large, sophisticated projects including health and welfare plan re-design, pricing, retiree medical valuations, funding and employee contributions strategies, reserve calculations, benchmarking studies and negotiations, plan renewals and vendor analysis and management
- Deliver superior, consistent client management and deliverables in support of a Senior Consultant for assigned clients
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with client contacts through effective communication and efficient, quality execution of projects
- Contribute to projects within the Specialty area including health management/wellness, disability/absence management, pharmacy and claims audits
- Meet revenue and billable hour goals established with your manager
- Support the generation of new business by enhancing relationships with current clients and recommending new projects and solutions
- Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
- Serve as mentor to Analysts and Senior Analysts
- 5+ years"EURTM experience and success in the design/management of health and welfare plans gained in a consulting, brokerage or carrier environment
- Strong financial skills gained in a health and welfare pricing, underwriting or valuation role
- Proven experience successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Demonstrated success in managing client issues and relationships; some experience in growing relationships with current clients
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Polished and well developed oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter attitude and ability to work with ambiguity
- Flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues
- Strong analytical and creative skills
- Experience training/mentoring junior staff
- The ability to see the "big picture," leveraging the resources of related practices to address the clients' business challenges
- Working knowledge of Excel, MS Project, MS Word
- Availability to travel on an as needed basis
- Bachelor"EURTMs degree required
- Pursuit or completion of ASA/FSA; alternatively an underwriting or other strong health and welfare financial background required
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas "EUR" the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.