The Performance Test Engineer role will work on the Quality Assurance team and serve as an integral member of a global Agile Product Development team to deliver Willis Towers Watson"EURTMs technology products to our external or internal clients. This role works with Willis Towers Watson"EURTMs proprietary and/or industry-leading systems and applications, to ensure that these are designed, built and tested according to agreed-upon technical specifications and performance quality standards. You will develop and integrate high quality automated performance tests for products built on the latest software architecture patterns and platforms; you will be part of a forward thinking and technology focused Quality Assurance team that seeks to leverage and develop the latest and greatest in the field of performance testing to deliver Willis Towers Watson products to the market place.
Key Accountabilities / Duties:
- Work with Product, UI/UX, Architecture, IT Ops and Development teams in identifying non-functional requirements/performance criteria to define appropriate performance tests and test environment needed.
- Tap into available resources to understand client usage patterns and data sizes and reflect that appropriately in load test efforts.
- Define and create the performance test plan and strategic roadmap.
- Create high quality, reliable and reusable performance tests from non-functional requirements and performance quality standards to help get the team closer to the goal of delivering working software to production at the conclusion of every sprint.
- Conduct performance test; measure, analyze and evaluate performance results; establish benchmarks; and provide summary report/s and recommendation as necessary.
- Work with the development team in the investigation and resolution of performance related issues and bottlenecks.
- Participate in defect review process and continue to identify improvements in preventing and early detection of client production issues related to performance.
- Help support and maintain the goal of continuous and daily automated load/performance test execution and a proper analysis and communication of results.
- Advocate improving performance quality standards and processes during all stages of software development.
- Serve as a champion of load and performance testing, and help support the QA Community of Practice, knowledge sharing sessions, lunch & learn, brown bag sessions, and other learning sessions.
- Conduct trainings and provide assistance to other Performance Test Engineers and other colleagues.
- Suggest new tools and techniques to improve performance testing efficiency.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas "EUR" the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.