The Software Development Engineer in Test role will work on the Quality Assurance team and help build high quality automated tests and test harnesses written in Python using Selenium web driver libraries to test our application portfolio suite in an automated fashion.
Software Development Engineer serves as an integral member of a global Agile Product Development team to design, build, test and deliver Willis Towers Watson"EURTMs technology products to our external or internal clients. The automated testing work being done at Willis Towers Watson is cutting edge and seeks to rival automated test frameworks found in successful
technology focused companies around the globe. You will develop and integrate high quality automated tests for products built on the latest software architecture patterns and platforms; you will be part of a forward-thinking and technology focused Quality Assurance team that seeks to leverage and develop the
latest and greatest in the field of automated testing to deliver Willis Towers Watson products to the market place.
- Uses the Product Backlog to remain highly flexible and respond to changing realities and requirements.
- Adds business value by delivering working products, with quality and on time.
- Works with the team in assessing opportunities to strengthen definition of done and get us closer
- to delivering working software at the end of every sprint.
- Self-organizes and applies cross-functional competencies to create high-value products.
- Works with other team members to adopt Agile Scrum with the goal of improving software development practices and creating high standards of work.
- Advocates improving quality during all stages of software development.
- Constant pursuit of improving team velocity and efficiency, allowing effective release planning and diagnostics for the team.
- Creates high quality acceptance tests from acceptance criteria and quality standards that help the scrum team understand the value of the user story from the user's perspective.
- Helps support and maintain the goal of continuous and daily automated test execution and review failed tests.
- Works with the scrum team in identifying appropriate tests to automate that will get the team closer to the goal of delivering working software to production at the conclusion of every sprint.
- Integrates best practices into the daily norm including code maintainability and follows designs pattern including modularity, reusability, etc.
- Passionate commitment to developing high quality products within agreed-upon release dates.
- Self-manages towards development and innovation, guided by the stakeholders"EURTM expectation.
- Contributes to team innovation activities, requested prototyping or research and development activities.
- Understands and embodies the Product vision and business needs for a successful, low-defect, on-time product release.
- Escalates requests to Program Management for program level risks and investments.
- Ensures that development effort is billed appropriately to maximize spend that can be capitalized.
- Builds and supports a culture of trust and transparency where collaboration is fostered within the Scrum teams and with the Program and Product Managers to work towards a common business goal.
- Supports team members, both locally and globally.
- Actively practices emotional intelligence (empathy, self-awareness, self-motivation, selfmanagement) on project teams and throughout the enterprise.
- Actively participates in Scrum Ceremonies.
- Fosters a culture where risks and issues are managed at the lowest responsible level by communicating and collaborating with team members.
- Pursues continual growth related to the business domain within the respective line of business.
- Actively advances technical skills through participation in online, instructor-led or self-taught training.
- Continually develops deep functional skills while exploring cross-functional skills.
- Supports building a Community of Practice to enhance continual learning.
- Embraces and continuously improves Agile knowledge and skills.
- Serves as a champion of quality for your scrum team and help support the QA Community of Practice, knowledge sharing sessions, lunch & learn, brown bag sessions, and other learning sessions.
- Actively contributes to the success of the team and adheres to all Global Development Team
- Coding Standards and participates in code review sessions by offering constructively feedback.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in a technology related discipline, such as IT or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in an object oriented programming language such as Python, C#, or Java, preferably Python
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of SDLC process. Experience in Agile/Scrum framework is required.
- Beginner SQL skills in tuning/optimization of T-SQL and database optimization
- Intermediate knowledge of using development tools such as PyCharm, Visual Studio, or Eclipse
- Intermediate to advanced skills in API based automated test development
- Intermediate skills in writing T-SQL
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Unit Testing
- Intermediate knowledge of tools and techniques used in manual testing
- Intermediate to advance skills in UI automated test development
- Deeply understands practices of agile software development
- Knowledge in profiling an application and profiling concepts is a plus
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas "EUR" the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.