At Willis Towers Watson, our experience tells us that you need
effective talent and rewards programmes, processes and technology to deliver
results. This requires a talent and rewards strategy that aligns with the
business strategy, and an HR function that is aligned and prepared to deliver
to the business.
Willis Towers Watson"EURTMs Talent & Rewards segment focuses on defining HR delivery strategies, solutions and operational models, designing HR talent and reward communication strategies, and conducting employee and organisational research with benchmarks for measuring success.
The Software Engineer will play a key role in the development and maintenance of the HR Portal Software to build reliable, testable, scalable and high-performing enterprise class solutions for our global Fortune 500 customers. The successful candidate must be able to create full stack components and features that are directly accessed by a user through a UI or API. You will also work with production support teams to triage priority issues.
You will work with all software product development disciplines (including engineering, architecture, product owners, testers and analysts) to develop and maintain solutions that meet the needs of the business, utilizing industry standard best practices and modern software engineering techniques. Some key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
"EUR- Design, code, test and debug new product enhancements
"EUR- Drive maintainable and reusable solutions that are both secure and adhering to acceptable performance benchmarks
"EUR- Embrace, implement and evangelize test automation as part of the fabric of the team
"EUR- Conduct code reviews for peers
"EUR- Participle in the evaluation of emerging technology and tools
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline
- 5+ Years of Web Development Experience Building and Running Large Scale, Production Web Sites.
- 5+ Years Professional Experience with ASP.NET, MVC, Web APIs, C#, and the .NET Framework.
- 3+ Years Professional Experience with popular libraries such as Typescript and Angular.
- Solid foundation and experience in Object-Oriented Programming.
- Well-versed in Microsoft Tools and Technology Stack (i.e. Visual Studio, VS Code)
- Experience on developing Content Management Systems is desired, but not required.
- Database "EUR" Applied knowledge in SQL. Ability to write performant SQL statements. Ability to diagnose SQL statements with high complexity.
- Performance Tuning - Comprehensive experience and tooling in ensuring responsiveness of web applications.
- Debugging - Ability to profile, debug, and diagnose highly complex codes.
- Information Security - Understanding and implementation of security and data protection (i.e. OWASP).
- Unit Testing "EUR" Advocate and hands-on experience of building automated unit tests and exposure to variety of its patterns.
- Continuous Delivery "EUR" Direct exposure in leveraging Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery Pipeline (i.e. TeamCity / MSBuild).
- Relevant experience in conveying technical solutions and able to translate its business value to stakeholders.
- Up-to-date to latest technologies. Eagerness to learn new technologies and passionate about building world-class software.
- Worked with globally distributed business stakeholders and engineering teams.
- Experience working with collaboration and issue tracking tools such as Confluence and JIRA.
- Experience working in a large, fast-paced project environment.
- Has gained exposure to Agile Software Development Methodologies (i.e. Scrum)
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.