- Adult neurogenesis in humans
- Neural stem cell metabolism
- Neurogenesis without cell division
- Modeling development and disease with neural stem cells and organoids
This online event highlights four topics out of the broad scope of our field, picking up on the ongoing and important discussions on the details of adult neurogenesis in humans and in brain regions outside the hippocampus and the olfactory bulb. We will also discuss fundamental aspects of neural stem cell biology, including the use of organoids in modeling the complexity of brain function in health and disease. The short web-based meeting is intended to highlight exciting developments in the field and support our discussions until we can meet for the postponed in-person Adult Neurogenesis conference on October 4-6, 2021 in Dresden, Germany.
- Luca Bonfanti (University of Turin and Neuroscience Institute Cavalieri Ottolenghi, Italy)
Is there adult neurogenesis in the mammalian neocortex?
- Marlen Knobloch (Université de Lausanne, Switzerland)
Metabolic control of neural stem cells
- Maria Llorens-Martin (Centre for Molecular Biology "Severo Ochoa", Spain)
Adult hippocampal neurogenesis in humans
- Hongjun Song (University of Pennsylvania, USA)
Analysis of human hippocampal neurogenesis using brain organoids
Participation is free, however, registration is required.
- Date: October 6, 2020
- Start: 7:00am PST | 10:00am EST | 3:00pm BST | 4:00pm CEST
- Finish: 8:45am PST | 11:45am EST | 4:45pm BST | 5:45pm CEST
* Please note, these times are subject to change.
Have a question? Please contact the Abcam Events Team.