In the midst of the year we have had, join us as we explore the role of Executives in building a strong culture of inclusivity through allyship.
As part of this the session, we will first hear Grace Lordan, who will explore the impact on inclusion that comes by moving to a virtual work force, as described in her recent report, Virtual Inclusion in the City. In order to understand the obstacles that stand in the way of virtual inclusion for the City of London’s workers she went on a virtual listening tour engaging 35 of the City on London’s most senior leaders and asked the following two questions:
- When thinking of inclusivity when all team members are working at home, can you identify one best practice that you will definitely be using to manage your team?
- When thinking of inclusivity when all team members are working at home, can you identify the biggest challenge or obstacle you expect to face with respect to keeping your team engaged in their daily tasks?
We will then hear from a variety of executives who will discuss how they drive inclusion within their organisations, as well as how allyship has had an impact on their career progression.
Jane Hill of the BBC will be moderating this session across a selection of award winning senior executives, including:
- Antonia Belcher:
- Founding partner of MHBC
- Deon Pillay:
- Head of Marketing Operations, Legal and General Investment Management
- Tim Bardell:
- Head of Impact for NTT DATA UK
- Grace Lordan:
- Director of The Inclusion Initiative and Associate Professor in Behavioural Science, LSE
Notes from the study:
- These leaders came from 16 companies and comprised CEOs and other executive committee members (5), non-executive board (2), income generators - managing director level + or equivalent (15), senior HR (5) and senior non-HR functions (first line of defence, technology, risk and audit) (8).
- The companies represented were: Aberdeen Standard Capital, Alliance Bernstein, Allianz Global Investors, Citi, CIBC, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, ING, J.P. Morgan, Mustard Seed, NatWest, Rathbones, Refinitiv, Standard Chartered, Starling Bank and UBS.
MTim BardellVice President, Head of Consulting
NTT DATA UK
Jane HillJournalist & broadcaster
MDeon PillayHead of Marketing Operations
LGIM, Founding member & Co-Chair at InterInvest
MGrace LordanDirector of The Inclusion Initiative at the LSE & Associate Professor in Behavioural Science
London School of Economics