Tue, April 28, 2020
12:00pm – 1:45pm - Quilter plc, Millennium Bridge House, 2 Lambeth Hill, London, EC4V 4AJ
As employee groups grow ever more diverse, acknowledging everyone’s identities and allowing them to be their authentic self at work is critical for businesses. However, many businesses and managers are still unsure of how to navigate conversations with and about transgender and non-binary employees.
Global Butterflies provide expert advice and support to businesses on trans & non-binary employees, and so LGBT Great are delighted to partner with them and invite you to this “Lunch & Learn” event at the London offices of Quilter.
The session will serve as an introduction on trans & non-binary identities, covering terminology and current laws and policies that affect trans & non-binary people. The session will then look at how the investment & savings industry specifically can work to build more inclusive workplaces for trans & non-binary employees. There will also be the opportunity for a Q&A with all of the speakers towards the end of the event.
Spaces at this event are limited and we expect them to fill up fast, so please email firstname.lastname@example.org now to register your spot. When registering, please confirm any dietary requirements that you might have.
12:00 – Registration & Refreshments
12:30 – Welcome from Quilter
12:35 – Introduction from LGBT Great
– The Investment & Savings Industry
– The Current LGBT+ Inclusion Landscape
12:45 – Keynote Presentation – Trans & non-binary inclusion 101
– What it’s like to be trans or non-binary in the UK
– An example transition journey
– The complex and ever changing terminology around gender
– UK law and policy affecting trans & non-binary people
1:10 – Fireside Chat – LGBT Great & Global Butterflies
– Key tips for employers to drive trans & non-binary inclusion
– The role of visibility & allyship
– What does this mean for the investment & savings industry?
1:30 – Q&A
1:45 – Session Close