Paddle’s mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves.
We want to be the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We believe that software companies succeed when they can focus on building awesome products that the world loves and scale their business, rather than wasting time on building and maintaining everything that's required to run and grow. This is why hundreds of developers and software companies rely on our checkout and licensing solution to sell their products globally, as well as using our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
We’re early in our journey but making great progress: Deloitte Fast 50 named us the fastest growing software company in the UK (we’ve tripled revenue every year since our launch in 2012), and we’ve raised over $17m in funding from incredible investors such as Notion, BGF and Kindred.
How We Do It
Everyone’s different — at Paddle, we want to value, respect and empower that. We aspire to inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve, where our people have equal access to career development opportunities, their voices are heard and can contribute to our future.
We are a diverse team of 85 people (quickly on our way to 100+) based near London Bridge. We care deeply about enabling a great culture as we scale, which is inclusive no matter your background, rewarding for you and enables high performance, which is why we offer these (constantly evolving) benefits:
- Fair compensation: you’ll get a competitive salary, share options to succeed if we do, and pension contributions matched up to 3%.
- Empowered to succeed: transparent culture where you can speak up and have an impact, work the way you prefer whether it’s the latest Macbook, a standing desk or flexible hours, and 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays).
- Meaningful work: highly collaborative work culture with a tangible impact of your work on our success and that of our customers.
- Enjoyable team work: very friendly and respectful culture, lots of free food from a welcome team meal to Tuesday catered lunches to Friday drinks and your pick of social activities, whether you want to join our football team, in-office yoga lessons or board game nights.
- Learning & growing: constant exposure to new challenges as we’re one of the fastest growing companies in the UK, dedicated on-boarding as well as regular internal and external training we’ll pay for.
How We Empower Inclusion at Paddle
Next to partnering up with fantastic initiatives in the UK and US like Code First: Girls and App Camp 4 Girls, we are teaming up with Out In Tech to host upcoming events at Paddle and support their mission. This is just the start, and we have great things planned to ensure inclusivity at Paddle is more than just talk from the get-go. Learning continuously, building trust, and being open and transparent with one another are baked into our core values, and we do hold each other accountable to these values every day.
For any startup, growth can be a double-edged sword: Being part of an environment where things change so quickly is exciting but at the same time we also have to make sure that nobody will be left stranded along the race. This goes all the way from inclusive hiring to valuing everyone’s background, identity and ambitions. That’s why on top of the above, here are some of the other things we've done already and have got planned to keep us on our path to being a place that inspires everyone — every ethnicity, age, gender and sexual identity, every social background and every personality:
- Host a hackathon for Code First: Girls
- Sponsor and host events for App Camp 4 Girls all the way to WWDC 2019
- Host an event at our Paddle HQ together with InterTech
Here’s our blog to give you more insight on what we do and how we do it.
Stay tuned for upcomig events at Paddle!