About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. We cover both Property & Casualty and Life & Health. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
Working at Swiss Re
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. We embrace a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work, providing you with a compelling degree of autonomy to decide how, when and where we work most effectively! By creating this culture, we believe it allows our employees to be the best they can be, whilst enabling Swiss Re to achieve its full potential.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We believe that diversity and an inclusive culture are key determinants in the ability of teams (and therefore businesses) to make balanced decisions, navigate uncertainty and innovate successfully. Our diverse and multi-generational workforce brings an enriching mix of differences in age, race, ethnicity, nationality, gender including gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religious beliefs and physical abilities. That’s why one of the key aspirations of our strategy is to attract and engage talented employees from different backgrounds by living a flexible, inclusive and open culture where dialogue and different perspectives are valued. We strive to ensure that everyone in our company, globally, feels valued and respected for who they are. We actively promote an inclusive network, governed by a collaboration of LGBTI+ members and allies and other employee resource groups, and celebrate our cultural heritage whilst looking to improve on our diversity and inclusion in relation to business practice and policies for underrepresented groups, including our LGBTI+ community.
Our Commitment to LGBTI+ Inclusion
We work towards creating a truly inclusive workplace that empowers our diverse workforce, including lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex (LGBTI+) and others to be their whole selves at work, independent of location and business unit. We foster an embassy environment, where protective policies and LGBTI+ supportive measures in all corporate offices are implemented and enforced. Together with Pride is Swiss Re's global network for LGBTI+ staff and their allies. Our purpose is to create an environment where LGBTI+ staff are able to bring their whole selves to work, free from discrimination and prejudice, and feel valued. Our network actively increases awareness and equality among all Swiss Re employees so that the unique challenges faced by our LGBTI+ workforce are recognised and overcome. We do this in a number of ways:
• developing and promoting ally training, corporate induction and other training sessions focused on LGBTI+ issues
• coordinating and executing local events for LGBT History Month, Dive In, Pride week celebrations, National Coming Out Day and Worlds AIDS Awareness Day
• growing the local chapters of Together with Pride, who will continue further educating our local ally networks and employees
• being a visible ally, including lighting up of several of our corporate offices in rainbow colours during Pride month and showcasing visibility of LGBTI+ in management positions
• focusing on intersectionality and collaborating with other diversity and inclusion employee resource groups (e.g., mental health, race, gender, neurodiversity and age inclusivity)
• partnering and collaborating with other diversity and inclusion networks in the insurance industry and external organisations
• striving to create an equal and equitable workplace for all, including through equalising policies, rights, benefits and career opportunities, implementing gender neutral toilets and launching trans inclusive practices