This Assistant Project Manager will be supporting the successful growth of the overall Legal Operation team called Best Delivery, while working to support and promote both the Continuous Improvement ("CI") and Legal Project Management ("LPM") functions in the region and beyond.
The role will be responsible for supporting project management activities and delivering for both internal and external clients as part of the Firm's Best Delivery strategy (client service improvement).
Under the direction of the Continuous Improvement & Legal Project Managers, the role will participate in and take responsibility for various activities that support the delivery of the Firm's Best Delivery strategy.
- Take the lead for certain day-to-day project management activities such as: track progress against plan, process design, financial analysis, action item follow-up, internal and client-facing reporting, issue/risk mitigation and communication, and arrange and participate in post-closing matter reviews and lessons learned exercises.
- Develop and manage scope planning, as well as resource and budget proposals for relevant matters and work streams.
- Create actionable insights from a wide-range of data to make recommendations on key business strategies and processes. When appropriate, act as the interface to the client, external vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Use discretion and independent judgment to proactively identify and manage risks and issues that arise, promptly alert stakeholders to variances, provide options for their mitigation or resolution and take or coordinate the appropriate responsive actions.
- Propose impactful improvements for both legal and operational engagements, as well as share knowledge and solutions across relevant practice areas to maximize benefits.
- Take lead on organizing meetings and events, as well as sending communications to ensure that the teams are adequately briefed about the matter and the client's expectations.
- Partner with other Business Services departments, including the areas of Knowledge Management, Business Development, Finance and Legal Technology to deliver outstanding client experiences.
- Assist the Best Delivery team with developing case studies, drafting regional and global reporting updates, as well as supporting Best Delivery led training sessions to lawyers.
- Have experience in cross-functional team settings and demonstrate commitment to the team by supporting colleagues and collaboratively deliver high quality service to clients.
- Be engaging and have the ability to build close working relationships at all levels across the Clifford Chance network.
- Be willing to challenge and question assumptions and propose alternative solutions while wisely handling objections and counter-proposals.
- Have an eagerness to try and adopt new working methods and applications.
- Have a basic understanding of financial performance metrics.
- Produce clear, high-quality documents (e.g., timetables and status reports) for matter teams and clients.
- Have strong planning skills to support the team in ensuring client matters are supported while monitoring progress in accordance with matter team and client expectations.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and get motivated by the opportunity to create something new.
- Be able to work under pressure, multi-task, and prioritize appropriately.
- Bachelor's degree
- Two to four years of relevant experience
- Experience with process improvement and/or project management
- The role is in New York, but some travel may be required, primarily to Washington DC
- Must be independently legally authorized to work in the United States
- Fluency in Spanish (oral and written)
- Experience working in a professional services environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite such as Word & Visio, and high comfort level with PowerPoint and Excel - for budgeting, reporting and making data-driven decisions
- A formal project management and/or continuous improvement qualification (e.g. PMP, Six Sigma Green or Yellow belt)
Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
Alongside world-class legal careers, Clifford Chance offers excellent opportunities in the support functions that underpin its business operations. By joining us in Business Services, you will help us to innovate in the way we deliver our services and enable us to run a successful multinational business that never stands still. Business Services are integral to the running of the firm and are critical to its success.
It has been and continues to be the Firm’s policy to provide equal opportunity and equal terms and conditions of employment to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, immigration status, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, genetic predisposition, or any other status protected by law.
Alternatives are available for individuals who are unable to use or access our online application system. For assistance, please contact Clifford Chance's Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 212.878.8025.