Do you want to be challenged, inspired and deliver real impact?
Do you want to work at pace and drive global delivery?
Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
We’re looking for Managers to join our rapidly expanding and highly successful HR M&A team, due to unprecedented growth across the business.
You will be part of a high performing, dynamic team with a global outlook and an inclusive culture.
As a Manager in the HR M&A team you will be offered a diverse and fulfilling career; you will have the opportunity to work with a range of clients on large and small-scale projects across multiple sectors and industries. You will benefit by working with a variety of experienced teams across multiple geographies, in a fast-paced environment that can help you accelerate your career path, wherever that may take you.
What we do:
In the HR M&A team we focus on advising and assisting clients through the complete deal cycle, combined with fast paced and complex restructuring projects; providing a range of HR/People related services to clients.
We contribute to and validate the deal price before a deal and assist in the realisation of synergies post-deal; whilst also supporting businesses to achieve their short and long term business objectives via assisting their restructuring initiatives.
Our services cover the entire deal cycle from HR due diligence, day one readiness (including reward elements such as retention, the impact of share based plans and other employee benefits) through post-merger integration and post deal value enhancement such as organisation design, consultation planning and execution and culture change initiatives. The team works on engagements for UK, European & Global organisations and private equity houses.
These engagements are often complex and fast-paced due to the nature of the deal timelines in ensuring adherence to statutory and anti-trust regulations.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support clients to address people related matters through all stages of the M&A deal life cycle. Manage and structure work to meet and exceed clients expectations
- Support clients to address people related matters brought about via enterprise wide or functional re-organisation/restructuring
- Lead HR work stream activity, providing subject matter expertise on people related matters
- Manage all report writing, project planning, data analysis, and development of presentation material
- Manage, collaborate with and mentor project team members
- Lead on data analysis and present high quality, risk-managed reports/conclusions including client and executive presentations in various formats
- Work with key project leaders to manage and maintain client relationships
- Ensure that all client work is delivered consistently, complying with EY's Q&RM guidelines
- Working collaboratively with other M&A service lines and PAS colleagues across EY
To qualify for the role you must have
The current team has a different range of expertise across the M&A deal lifecycle. Therefore, we are looking for both specialists and candidates with some M&A experience, as well as broad HR generalist in some of the areas highlighted above.
Ideally, some M&A deal background or business restructuring with a focus on HR such as Due Diligence, post-deal integration and post deal value enhancement. Business transformation and restructuring such as organisation design or an HR generalist background or an M&A background (including legal or financial)
Proven Commercial HR experience from private, public sector or consulting
Experience of leading a project/workstream, demonstrating strong project management skills for high quality and timely delivery
Experience of employee retention, compensation and benefits programmes
Experience of working with and acting as a trusted advisor to senior stakeholders on HR M&A /restructuring programmes
Experience of leading and/or coaching and developing client or internal teams to improve performance
Qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills and data manipulation and presentation
For candidates without prior significant HR experience, strong M&A experience across a range of transactions, including M&A, IPO and restructuring
Skills and Attributes for success
- Team player; with the ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Ability to analyse complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions
- Able to build and maintain relationships with senior stakeholders in a fast paced and complex environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience of producing high calibre reports, papers, presentations
- Coaching and developing team members
- Regularly brings ideas and insights to clients that provide value, help address risk and support the deal lifecycle
- Can leverage knowledge and experience of the transaction lifecycle to identify and develop new opportunities
- Good at influencing, driving impact and implementing change
- Pragmatic and adaptable with the ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively manage conflict
About People Advisory Services (PAS)
Our People Advisory Services practice has over 10,000 practitioners operating within a globally integrated team, bringing their skills, insights and experience to support our clients.
Our team draws on their people, operational and technical skills to deliver a suite of service offerings focused on our client’s people agenda across our HR and people capabilities to include Organisation Change Management and Design, HR Processes, HR Transformation, Transaction Support, Policies and Strategy, HR Operating and Delivery Model, Reward, Leadership Development and Employment Law.
Driven by our focused insight and innovation, PAS is best positioned to advise and influence our client’s activities at senior leadership level to respond to the scale and complexity of how and where our clients work globally, making us the trusted advisor of choice to our clients and creating more opportunities for our people. As a result, we’re continually seeking new markets, new perspectives and better ways to deliver value.
What we look for
We are looking for a professional and experienced individual who can demonstrate an ability to address varied interests of clients and stakeholders. In this role, you will need to be self-aware and flexible in your own approach when dealing with different styles and backgrounds.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.