Opening date: 29/05/2020
Closing date: 26/06/2020
Multiple roles available #LI-DNI
The rapid evolution of technology and the risks related to this now regularly make headline news. The potential impact from threats ranging from external attacks to internal rogue trading makes the need for Technology Risk an item of Board level concern. As a Technology Risk Manager, you’ll be helping our clients gain the comfort they and their regulators require. That will mean using your technical knowledge of IT and data risks and controls and your client facing experience to work with EY staff of all grades to provide clients with the assurance or advice they need. Working with some of the world’s most prestigious Financial Service (FS) organisations you will be an integral part of our IT Risk Assurance (ITRA) team within Technology Risk. Our Technology Risk team is keen to hear from candidates who are looking for a range of flexible working options including part time or job share, reduced days or school hours to fit around your commitments, as well as those looking for full time.
As a Manager you will be an influential member of our FS Technology Risk team and you’ll have the opportunity to work on a range of IT Assurance projects, including IT External Audit Support (known in EY as FAIT or Financial Audit IT), IT Internal Audit, IT components of Regulatory Reviews and other assurance activities (e.g. client money, Solvency II, Basel III, Section 166, Service Organisation Controls Reporting), Operational Resilience, Emerging Technology risk and control related work within FS. This portfolio also includes engaging with wider Advisory teams on a broad agenda where design or effectiveness reviews over IT and data controls are required. We’re currently growing our Technology Risk team to help meet increasing market demand, reflected in several years of double-digit growth. We are also continuing to evolve our capability to innovate and automate which also places. Our work is also continuing to focus on application controls and data integrity as other parts of the firm and our clients focus more on completeness and accuracy of the information being produced and relied upon. Our projects typically involve managing multiple stakeholders and require you to give the best advice to our clients using your knowledge and experience to provide the best outcomes.
Your key responsibilities
An important part of your role as a Manager is to establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You’ll help create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members to help them develop. In line with our commitment to quality, you'll also have a key role in ensuring exceptional client service and delivery. At the same time as maintaining strong client relationships and delivering high quality outcomes you will need to deliver engagements to agreed time and cost budgets.
Skills and attributes for success
- Managing client relationships and expectations
- High quality outcomes and deliverables underpinned by a keen attention to detail
- Building relationships with colleagues across the business, supporting them and promoting a collaborative culture
- Helping develop our practice and, once you become one of our more senior Managers, supporting business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts
- Understanding, demonstrating and communicating workplace policies and procedures to all staff
To qualify for the role you must have
- A strong academic background and demonstrable experience in a number of the following areas:
- IT external audit support comparable to our FAIT solution
- IT internal audit
- Third party reporting, e.g. SOC1, AAF 01/06, SOC2
- Experience of the IT elements of regulatory reviews (e.g. S166, client money, Sarbanes Oxley 404 or Basel III)
- IT elements of Supplier Risk Management
- IT project governance and management
- Experience of understanding and reviewing application and/or interface functionality
- Data integrity and data analysis
- Operational resilience
- Emerging technologies (RPA, Cloud, AI)
- Track record leading and delivering large-scale IT and/or data risk and control related engagements for a professional services consultancy firm or a blue chip organisation to quality, time and cost
- Experience within the FS industry and a sound understanding of the FS technology landscape
- Thorough understanding of UK and EMEIA FS regulatory environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Ability to engage with stakeholders and manage cross functional projects
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder communities with varying levels of experience
- Have developed a good market network
- An eagerness and track record in establishing and leading high-performance teams and supporting and coaching individual team members
What we are looking for
You’ll be a trusted business advisor to our clients, specialising within the Technology Risk field, so they’ll look to you to ask and answer the questions nobody else has asked yet and then develop and execute an effective service. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer an attractive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most experienced and engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global provider of assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our goal to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.