EY is looking for a Quantitative Advisory Services Executive to join the Market Risk team in our Canary Wharf offices. The Quantitative Advisory Services (QAS) team works with clients in Financial Services with regulatory/risk modelling challenges in areas such as Market, Credit risk and Operational Risk. QAS works closely with other financial services risk practitioners, IT advisory and Financial Accounting teams, bringing together the range of quantitative modelling and technical skillsets needed to support clients’ often highly specific and complex requirements. The team covers all financial services sectors, with established presence and extensive local knowledge across locations in the US, UK and EMEIA, and Asia.
Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB) is a key focus area for the Quantitative Advisory Services practice and a strategic value proposition and part of the broader Corporate and Investment Banking Transformation Solutions. FRTB regulations have a significant impact on the front to back market risk management capabilities and technology landscape of global investment banks. EY has been an early mover on FRTB and has been extensively helping our clients mobilise strategic change and regulatory compliance programmes across business and technology.
As a Quantitative Advisory Services Executive you will technically contribute to external client
engagements and internal projects. An important part of your role will be to actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You will also identify and escalate potential business opportunities for EY on existing engagements. Similarly, you will anticipate and identify risks and raise any issues with senior members of the team. In line with our commitment to quality, you will determine that work is of a high quality and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
Your key responsibilities
• Participate in Quantitative Risk engagements with a Market Risk focus
• Work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining
communication, and updating senior team members on progress
• Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
• Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
• Build strong internal relationships within the advisory practice and across other services
• Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
• Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting and retaining FSRM professionals
• Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
Skills and attributes for success
• Confident and credible communicator with good technical knowledge and commercial understanding
• Project management and strong report writing skills
• Experience in stakeholder and client management
• Ability to drive business development and contribute to the growth of the EY market solutions
To qualify for the role you must have
• Experience in Financial Services, either as part of an institution; in an advisory or business consulting capacity to such organisations or in the regulation of such institution
• Strong academic background including at least a 2.1 Bachelor's degree (Computational Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, or Physics preferred) or equivalent. / Professional Qualification e.g. CQF / CFA / FRM / PRM
• Practical experience and good knowledge of statistical and numerical techniques and principles of the theory of probability.
• Demonstrable understanding of Derivative Pricing, Market Risk and CVA methodologies used for the trading, risk management and ideally calculation of regulatory capital requirements.
• Experience of Market Risk & Financial Services Regulation - experience in FRTB and CRDIV.
Modelling background, including experience in model development and model validation of Derivative Pricing, Market Risk models and experience of standard techniques used.
• Experience in any of the following software development environments: VBA/ Java / C++/ SQL/ R / Matlab / .NET
• Keen desire to continue developing and integrating quantitative skills within both a challenging and rewarding commercial environment
• Excellent report writing skills
• Experience with managing expectations of both internal and external stakeholders
What we are looking for
We are interested to hear from people with the right attitude for the job! That’s naturally entrepreneurial people that feed on the energy of a thriving global team. You’ll need a balance of technical and analytical skills, a creative approach to work and strong communication skills. If you’ve got big ideas on how we can do better, as well as the confidence to voice them, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.