- Positive attitude and willingness to be a team player.
Excellent time and project management skills.
- Proficiency in securities analysis for non-475 funds, including wash sales, straddles, debt, swaps, and other analysis required to compute a hedge fund’s taxable income.
- Practical understanding of hedge fund partnership allocations including an understanding of revaluation accounts and aggregation.
- Experience advising clients on the US tax impact of various trading strategies and fund structures, as well as US tax elections.
- Proficiency in juggling multiple priorities while managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Willingness and ability to learn new concepts with minimal guidance.
- Enthusiasm for coaching and developing team members.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Current CPA, EA or equivalent qualification or Degree / Master’s degree in accounting or taxation (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of corporate and international tax returns and related US tax laws.
- Extensive experience in preparing and reviewing partnership tax returns and Schedules K-1.
- Practical experience with hedge fund securities analysis and allocations.
- In-depth knowledge of Go Systems tax preparation software or similar system.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience managing cross-border teams of 2-6 people.
- Ability to liaise directly with non-tax stakeholders at your clients to explain US tax concepts at a practical level.
- Knowledge of a hedge fund US tax preparation software.
- Knowledge of common management company structures and their US tax considerations.
- Background in financial services, ideally working with hedge funds in a US tax capacity.
- Experience in delivering technical and soft skills training to junior team members.
What we look for
We’re interested to hear from
highly motivated individuals who are open to expanding their network and pursuing a medium to
long-term career in US tax in London. We are looking for someone who will fit in well with our
energetic and high-performing team, who has background in hedge funds and who has excellent
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.